1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass texture editor

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by arno, 24/1/10.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I have added a new functionality to ModelConverterX, the Mass Texture Editor, which will help you in renaming, resizing or converting all textures of an object at once. This will for example be useful when converting COLLADA files to MDL files, since they tend to use JPG textures.

Since there is no manual yet for this tool, I have made a little preview video to show how it works.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions for improvement.

The new functionality will be available in the development release from tomorrow.
  2. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Wow, that's great. One request - can we have a Settings choice for the default texture conversion choice? I can see I would be spending a long time changing "DDS" to "BMP" for each texture.

Better yet, perhaps FS2004 and FSX radio buttons right on the tool, which changes the default conversion choices automatically?

Thanks,
  3. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

That's a good suggestion, I'll put it on the list.
  4. arno

netherlands
    I have made it an setting now that you can define in the options. Will be in the development release of tomorrow.
  5. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Thanks - I appreciate it!
  6. Sidney Schwartz

Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    A suggestion for an additional feature for the Match function. When it finds a match it should also check and see if there is a corresponding _LM texture and add that the to nightmap slot.

Great stuff! :D
  7. arno

netherlands
    That's a good suggestion, at the moment you would have to manually do the nightmaps when importing a SketchUp model.