1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2004 Material Editor bug in 4-21 build

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Sidney Schwartz, 22/4/10.

1. Sidney Schwartz

Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    Ran into a problem with the Material Editor. I first renamed and converted the texture files using the Mass Texture Editor. In this case file were rename from textureXX.bmp to iqaluit_terminalXX.bmp. This worked and the new textures files were created. However, when I opened up the Material Editor, it still showed the original textureXX.bmp names. Not very useful, that. ;)
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I'll check this. Most likely a new bug that got introduced when I changed the way textures work for the drawcall minimizer. I'll come back about this one.
  3. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I fixed the bug, it should work again in the next development release.
  4. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    I thought I was going crazy even the html report not calling up the converted textures as well...
  5. arno

netherlands
    That was the same bug, the mass texture editor was not updating the model correctly.

Like I mentioned a couple of days ago I made quite some changes to the way textures work to get the drawcall minimizer working correctly. It seems I by accident broke a few other functions as well. That's the risk with using the development release :).
  6. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno,... Don't worry about it... no problem! Your right, that's the risk of using the development release. But without using the Development Release how could the "bugs" get fixed. You are doing a Great job!!! There are pains with growth!
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Yes, I know. I am very happy to have such a good group of testers who tell me directly about all the bugs I make :D. You efforts are appreciated very much.