1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Material highlight and non-modal editors

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by arno, 24/6/09.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

In the next development release you will find the following new features.

Material highlight
    In the material editor there is now a checkbox that can be used to indicate tha the selected material should be highlighted in the preview window as well. This has currently been implemented as giving it a red colour, which will blend through the texture if one is present. This feature should help you to identify which material is applied where on the model.

Non-modal editors
    Before the material editor, attached object editor, object information form and the object hierarchy form were modal. In simple words this meant they had to be closed again before you could continue working in the main window. I have now changed this and these forms can remain open while working in other places.

This also means that these forms will automatically be updated when you load a new object. For example the material editor will then show the materials of the new object directly.

Besides that also changes you make in those form, will be reflected directly in the main preview as well. So when you change a material to double sided for example, you will directly see so. I think this will make positioning attached objects or tuning material settings a lot easier.
  2. VAEjonp

VAEjonp

us-arizona
    Very nice update Arno.

I'm still quite new to this tool and currently use it as a viewer of my custom objects. Quite handy and saves time. Looking forward to utilizing the other tools/features once I get further along with my development.

Thanks,

JonP
  3. ALain152

ALain152

france
    Hi Arno,
    Thank you for for these additional features.
    As modconv can read a bgl lib and sort the guid list, and display for each guid the list of textures, it would be very convenient to extract a list of textures involved in a whole bgl library.
    I apologize for asking again :eek: I spend so much time in checking those damn textures.
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Yes, that feature is on the wishlist already. Actually I am planning to work a bit on a feature today to generate a report of an library.
  5. ALain152

ALain152

france
    Yessss !
    Thanks
  6. arno

netherlands
    See here for the detail, will be in the next build.