1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Measuring the FPM on landing

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by agaguk, 14/11/08.

1. agaguk

agaguk

ca-ontario
    Hi, I started to learn C++, and I wanted to know how to connect to FSUIPC and get the FPM measure on landing, as in my VA we just implemented a rule concerning the FPM.
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    First thing - have you read the SDK and other documentation that comes with FSUIPC?
  3. agaguk

agaguk

ca-ontario
    I have read the documentation in the SDK of FSUIPC, but I couldn't find a way to either connect to FSUIPc, nor to get the FPM on landing. I must say that my english is not the best, and that I could have missed it.
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Among the documentation there is a list of offset addresses and data formats for each of the different data. One of these will be the rate of ascent/descent. I assume you want to get the descent rate on touchdown or near as. There might be an offset value that you can read to know if the aircraft has touched down - but I can't remember if there is one. Alternatively you would need to know when the aircraft is at the airport altitude and then get the rate of descent.

As far as connecting to FSUIPC is concerned you will need to read the C++ documentation and examples - there are certainly there!