1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA Minimize Drawcalls

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Pyscen, 14/3/10.

1. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno,... not sure if this was meant to happen of not but....

When I was setting a color80ED9564 (transparent windows),... setting for reflection and double sided (which made it transparent), when I went through the minimize drawcalls,... it of course grouped it with other textures (normal)... but the problem is it made it opaque and not see through or transparent any longer.

Am I missing something or does MCX need not minimize those textures? All that were grouped together became double sided with reflection.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I would have to check that, for textures it works so that the texture itself ends up on the sheet, but that there are still two drawcalls due to the different material settings. But maybe for colours there is a bug that prevents this from working. I think it might be a good idea to add a checkbox to determine if you want to minimize colour as well (besides me fixing this bug of course).
  3. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Would you like me to send my dae file to you for testing, Arno? The Checkbox for colors would be nice,.... or a checkbox for which textures are to be processed in the minimizer or not (If possible,... if a texture is to be double sided,.. not to minimize it and its a color?).
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Having your file to test might help indeed, so if you could send it please.
  5. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    I'll send it to you... no problem... What your email address again? I should be able to do so later on today,... My project,... I didn't like it,.. so I started over. BUt I still have the dae file of it..MCX seems to be running alot better,... The color before, doesn't seem to need to be "double sided" to have it transparent now.

It does have the same warning as before:

"Found unsupported Primitive COLLADA Document+Line..."

This was talked about before,... though it doesn't seem to corrupt the model in any way. It appears to be the "soften lines" causing this (example of this is the Arc'd lines of a face or any other line that was soften manually).
  6. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno I email you my dae file to Arno_AT_fsdeveloper_DOT_com. shoukd be waiting for you!
  7. arno

netherlands
    Thanks, got the file and will take a look at it.