• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Missing aircraft

Country
unitedkingdom
Probably my stupidity, but when I enter an aircraft list in the flight planner, I get a message "one or more aircraft used by these flight plans is not available on this system." - and the aircraft list appears in red.

However, I made flight plans and on compiling an error message showing aircraft not available on system - proceed - yes - compiled successfully and all aircraft appear. I have checked the aircraft list and the cfg and they seem Ok, and I cannot spot what's causing this.

Help please.

Graham

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Did you have the AIFP Target version selected to the version of FlightSim that you are actually using?

For example, if you had both FS9 and FSX installed and had FS9 selected as your Target Version but were testing with FSX, this could happen if the aircraft liveries were not identical.

If AIFP tells you a certain aircraft is missing, you can be sure it's missing in the currently-selected Target version.

I have checked the aircraft list and the cfg
The aircraft list always contains the full complement of aircraft - even if they don't exist of the system. Don't know what you mean by "cfg".

If the issue is not due to Target Version selection, I need to know a lot more about your system to be able to comment - including what version of Windows you are using.

Don

Country
england
I've found that AIFP will stall while looking for aircraft if it encounters an empty folder. For instance, my SimObject paths in the fsx.cfg look like this:

Code:
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Addon
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\DG
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\AI
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\AITraffic

If one of those folders is empty, for example, "SimObjects/DG", AIFP will stop there and not look in "SimObject/AI" or "SimObjects/AITraffic".

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Dave, I can see nothing in the code that would cause what you suggest AIFP is doing and I can't duplicate it on my system (i.e., with an interim empty top folder)

Are you sure you are looking at the right FSX.cfg, i.e., the one in the FSX user's AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder.

Don

Country
england
I've had this happen with both FSX and P3dv2. P3d has some empty folders by default (for weapons and whatnot). My AI folders were added to the list after these and AIFP couldn't find them. As soon as I re-arranged the list so my AI was above the empty folders AIFP found them without problem.

I seem to remember I posted about this some time ago, but you couldn't find any problems then either.

For information, both my FSX & P3D installations are on a separate drive, not in "program files" so there shouldn't be any permission problems or similar issues. Running Win7-64.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Dave, when you said those folders were empty, do you mean precisely that?

What I have found (and fixed) is that if a FSX.cfg/Prepar3D.cfg SimObjectsPaths entry points to a non-existent folder, then AIFP will stop looking at that point. Now it skips over those entries.

Please download aifp2210(b), the AIFP Development Release at http://stuff4fs.com, and see if that fixes the problem.

Don

Country
england
Hi Don,

You're right, my mistake, it was non-existent folders that were making it stop.
The dev release has fixed that, thanks :)

Country
nigeria
Hi fellaz. I also have the same problem. I have WOAI aircraft installed and working fine but some local airlines at my airport are lacking so I downloaded one of those airline's textures and models from AI Aadvark. When I now open the traffic file txt or bgl on AIFP, the aircraft models in the list are red and like the original poster said, when I save it, AIFP says the models cannot be found even when I point it to the exact directory in my FSX sim objects airplanes folder. I also have converted all FS9 WOAI files to FSX. Please can someone tell me in layman's terms what I've done wrong? Thanks guys.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
mimiwhiwhu81, if you are using the latest release of AIFP (2.2.17) with FSX, it is unlikely you are experiencing the same problem as Dave.

If an aircraft AIFP is looking for exists in a SimObjects folder registered in fsx.cfg, AIFP will find it. So, since AIFP isn't finding those aircraft, their titles don't appear in any aircraft.cfg file. (I don't know what you mean by "when I point it to the exact directory in my FSX sim objects airplanes folder". Unless you are attempting to edit an aircraft you wouldn't be asked to locate it.)

When you installed the AIA models, did you change the titles in their aircraft.cfg files to match the ones in your flight plans - or change the flight plan aircraft titles to match the new aircraft?

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
To emphasize, the name of the plane in the aircraft.txt traffic file must match the title= line in the aircraft.cfg file *exactly*, or it will not be found.

Country
nigeria
Thanka guys. I was able to sort it out but it presented me with a new problem. Now the particular aircraft (AIA_737_WL) has all models for the airline in black colour. No textures at all, even though I edited the WOAI model aircraft.cfg and included the fltsim.0 entry on line 3. Or is fltsim.0 the wrong entry, since prior to that on aircraft.cfg I have " WOAI" on line 1 and "Model=2" on line 2.

I also added the Textures folder, yet AIFP says it cannot see the texture for that model.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
If you are using the AIA models, why are you editing the WoAI aircraft.cfg file? Your problem has nothing to do with AIFP. AIFP has found the aircraft. It would seem that you have a mismatch between the textures required in the aircraft.cfg file and the actual texture folder names in the same aircraft folders

If you want us to help, you are going to have to tell us exactly what you have done - in detail. Sending us a screenshot of one of the problem aircraft folders as well as attaching the aircraft.cfg file from that folder would also help.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
To look at an aircraft.cfg file that is in the correct order (yours doesn't sound correct), look at a default aircraft.cfg file and put the lines into the same order. I.e. the fltsim line is first, followed by the sim= line, followed by the model= line, etc. Each livery will have its own fltsim line and section following that, with each fltsim line consecutively numbered for each livery.

The different liveries should be placed into texture folders - texture.american, texture.delta, etc. (the name after the period can also be a code like texture.aal_pw2, or whatever). Then in that livery's section of the cfg file, the texture= line should match - texture=aal_pw2, for example.

This is also true for model folders: model= means use the model in the model folder, model=RR means use the model in the model.RR folder.

Hope this helps,

Country
germany
You may want to check the aircraft with my AI Aircraft Editor. It should be able to identify errors in the configuration.