1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing DDS

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Pyscen, 29/1/10.

1. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno,...

MCX still isn't generating dds files... If I understood correctly its suppose too right?

I vertified the location of imagetool.exe and MCX is keeping the location.

What's the order of things to do before exporting.

I'm assuming that the mass texture convertor before exporting and
    making sure texture sizes etc are the x 2, after that to export, correct?

adding: After working with imagetool directly... it doesn't recognize jpg files.
    What version of Imagetool.exe should I have? I have version from the sdk 2.0 or Acceleration
    Last edited: 30/1/10
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

ImageTool does not recognise JPG files indeed.

But with the mass texture editor you can convert all your textures to DDS. In the mass texture editor you enter your texture path and set the right size and format. As soon as you press convert the DDS textures are made in the folder you indicate.

If you then export the object to MDL it will call those DDS files. During export no textures are converted, you have to do that manually in the mass texture editor.
  3. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Hello Arno!

Well,... ok, then I have been doing that I just tried again using the mass texture editor: first with jpg to dds... didn't work,.. I reloaded the dae file and I tried again from jpg to bmp and it worked. Rename change also worked with bmp but not jpg to dds; since dds files not being created (on my system).

so I'm not sure what going on and I'm not sure I have enough hair to pull out :confused:.

I also tried to change to jpg to DXTBMP and it gave me a error message; unable to locate mip file,... which makes sense I don't have any mip files,... but allong with the error it asked to either continue or quit etc....
    Last edited: 30/1/10
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

It would be interesting to see why the DDS files don't get created on your system. They do not appear at all in the folder you have selected in the mass texture editor?
  5. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Nothing,... I specified a folder named "texture".... the bmp would be created there but not the dds file. I reaching here, but could it be how the preferences is set in MCX?
  6. arno

netherlands
    Hi Doug,

Just to be sure, did you type only "texture" in the texture folder or did you select a full path? That might help me to narrow down why ImageTool is not working as expected.
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I have just fixed a bug in the DDS / DXTBMP texture writer that made it fail on a OS that has a space in the temp folder (WinXP for example). I think that might fix your bug as well.

A new development release is available from now on that has this fix in it.
  8. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Yes.... that did it! Thanks Arno! I have dds files!