1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing documents

Discussion in 'SDK installation' started by FSD184, 15/10/10.

1. FSD184

FSD184

australia
    Hey guys,

Since I get a lot of my development help from the internet and any further questions from helpful forums such as this one, I haven't noticed this earlier, but I am missing all of the help (html) documents from my SDK folders.

I install the SDK from my original FSX disk 1 and everything is there in the SDK, then SP1a and check again and all of the tools and documentation are there, but then after installing the Acceleration SDK there are no documents.

All I am left with is the various tools, compilers and example files but the help documents are all gone.

I thought it may be a problem with my Acceleration installer so tried reinstalling using the SP2 version of the SDK from Microsofts website but the same thing occurs. :confused:

Is this normal? for the time being I have just backed up a copy of all the help docs in a separate folder for reference.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. jfrench

jfrench

us-california
    Hi,

The new SDK help files are in the windows help file format (chm). In fact, I've just been editing the original html files to include the added information in the latest SDK. Some of the modeling info can't be copied but most can.
    I like the ability to reformat and make corrections so it's more to my liking.
    I couldn't figure out how to edit or annotate the chm format.

Jim F.
  3. FSD184

FSD184

australia
    Ah yes, I see it now.

Thank you Jim.