1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Runtime files

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by SQ347, 17/12/06.

1. SQ347

SQ347

italy
    Hi ,
    I can't start Objectplacer XML since a month now. I tried uninstall and reinstall but nothing. I get this error that there are missing these runtime files :
    [​IMG]

However when I checked on c:\Windows\System32\ directory all those files where there :confused:

The fact is that I didn't use Object placer for a month now but It worked just fine before.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Andrew,

That is kind of weird. The code is using the environment variable that determines where you windows is installed to find the system32 folder. Could it be that something has changed there?
  3. SQ347

SQ347

italy
    how can I find if the environmental variable is pointing to the wrong folder ?
  4. arno

netherlands
    You can check it in your environment variables. Right click on "My Computer" and select the properties. Then the "Advanced" tab and on there there is a button called "Environment variables". In the list of the system variables you should see one named windir which should give your Windows folder (normally this is C:\Windows of course).

Could you check if that one is set OK on your system? And have you done anything to your OS recently that might have changed this?
  5. SQ347

SQ347

italy
    Yeah that was the issue. There was no windir variable imposted! now it works fine :)
    I don't have the foggiest idea what happened... Got to be something I did in the month I didn't use ObjectPlacer.
  6. arno

netherlands
    OK, glad to hear this problem has been solved :).