1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing the terminal????

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by canciaro, 11/3/08.

1. canciaro

canciaro

canada
    I edited KDTW with ADE. The file was taken from the scenery download section at Flightsim.com. I added 2 parking spots at one end of the airport and the terminal at one of the airport is missing. I didn't even edit anything near it...
  2. jvile

jvile

Hello canciaro

What utility was used to make the KTDW. ADE is the only Utility that knows how to handle Towers that are also part of Airport Terminals. If a Tower disappears at certain airports so will portions of the Main Terminals.

You should also check for updates for ADE and be using the lastest v1.05 which handles the Towers correctly.

There are 3 Utilities plus some coverters that work with FSX Airport design. It is very important to use the same Utility for any downloaded airport that was used to make the airport.

The designer in his readme will normally tell what utility was used.

We can normally get this problem worked out but need to know what download it is so we can also check out what you see.
  3. canciaro

canciaro

canada
    v 1.05

The capture screenshot is too big for upload.
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Not sure this is fixed in 1.05 Jim. I think it is in the next version

Problem is the way FSX handles some terminal buildings. It treats them like tower objects and nests them under the tower element. Setting the deleteAllTowers flag (to avoid duplicates) ends up removing unexpected buildings. Certainly the next release version of ADE has this problem addressed
  5. jvile

jvile

I only found one FSX KDTW for download at FlightSim.com.

Would the zip be kdtw_fsx.zip by Patrick Finch?
  6. jvile

jvile

Thanks Jon

Some of the 3rd Party KDTW airports I am looking at do not have any deleteAll= statements or a Tower SceneryObject which causes a massive duplicate of all XML Elements (root plus 3rd party airport bgl). If the airport bgl is opened with ADE and saved it adds the deleteAll='s and of course the Tower is one of the those.

That in turn causes the Towers to disappear (none in the 3rd party bgl) which takes one of the Main Terminals (if not both) with it. We know about KDTW from the past along with others like KSFO and KBOS.
  7. canciaro

canciaro

canada
    KDTW_fsx.bgl is the file. I also tried last night to open the STOCK KDTW BGL FROM MICROSOFT and just change the parking assignments. That also removed the Smith terminal, but also removed all jetways.
  8. scruffyduck

wales
    Well I can understand it removing the terminal but the jetways should be there. Do you mean the jetways are missing from ADE or from FSX?
  9. canciaro

canciaro

canada
    From FSX, I know its awkward. This may be a serious problem, or it could be something that can be updated in v 1.06.
  10. scruffyduck

wales
    Well I think we need to establish why. We have not had any other reports of missing jetways. You are aware that jetways are only going to show up in FSX if you have your scenery setting at very dense?
  11. jvile

jvile

canciaro

The file you downloaded will only work in FSX if you do not try and update anything with someones Utility. Patrick released that file before there was any type utility and it is a blend of many FS9 programs and a converter. His readme says

CREDITS
    -------
    To Burkhard Renk for his X2aF2X and APXshredder programs

To Winfried Orthmann, author of BglAnalyzeX and Newbglanalyse

To Lee Swordy, creator of Afcad2

If you open the Stock KDTW with ADE and add parking spots I agree one of the Main Terminals disappears including a control Tower that sits on top the Terminal and many many buildings on the North side of the airport. However, no Jetways disappear if you have your scenery slider set properly in FSX.

I was under the impression we had fixed the Tower issue but Jon says it is coming in a future release.

If you want to go back and understand what happens at airports like KDTW, KSFO, KBOS and many many more in FSX then use the following link which ACES (Doug) was involved in the discussion. We have a fix as Jon pointed out and is coming in a future version.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7994&highlight=KDTW
  12. canciaro

canciaro

canada
    Okay, I must have done something myself that caused jetways to disappear. Everything is okay now due to me going back to the downloaded KDTW BGL file.