1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Help

Discussion in 'Mission Development' started by MichaelThePilot, 16/6/09.

1. MichaelThePilot

MichaelThePilot

us-tennessee
    Hi i am new to mission building,
    i have a mission that works just fine until i put in some scenery and other objects, the mission will load but for example in my mission it tells you to start the helicopter, with no scenery it works, with it just loads and you set there waiting for instructions.

I have for programming purpose made a scenery file and loaded it into fsx,
    so i could at least get all of the triggers and other stuff working.
  2. Gunner_CAF

Gunner_CAF

unitedstates
    You have an error somewhere in the mission. Any error will cause the mission to not run. Errors are sometimes hard to find. There is a free version of FS Mission Editor. I suggest using this. It has a good error tools to show you where the problem is. If you like the free version, it is worth the money to buy a registered version.

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-fsx-mission-editor.phtml

Gunner
  3. MichaelThePilot

MichaelThePilot

us-tennessee
    Thank you Gunner
    i will look in to this.

also just wondering, i need my mission to have weather that starts with overcast thunder and lighting, and in say 10 mins or so it needs to get worse with rain some ice if possible, but instead it get better the sun comes out.

what can i do?
  4. Gunner_CAF

Gunner_CAF

unitedstates
    Controlling the weather isn't easy, but you can do it. You need to do it based on location and not time.

Each airport is a weather station. You can set the weather at each station. For example, if your flying from airport A, past airport B, to airport C, you can set the weather at A to be overcast, at B Stormy, and at C you can make it clear.

The problem is the weather moves and changes. If it takes an hour to get to your final destination, the weather may not be like you set it at the beginning of the mission. It can take a bit of trial an error to get it the way you want it.

One trick is to set the global weather to be most like the way you want your final destination. Maybe in your case, try to set the global weather to clear. At a weather station about the mid point of your mission, put the bad weather. Set the staring location to be overcast. This way you will fly through the bad stuff then when your through this it will clear.

To work on the weather you can do it in free flight. When you get it the way you want, save it and put the WX file into your mission.

With a registered version of FSX ME, there are Simvar Extension commands to add weather stations and METAR commands for setting weather. I haven't quite figured all this out.

Gunner
  5. MichaelThePilot

MichaelThePilot

us-tennessee
    Thank you.
    I will try some of this and when i get it working, i will post it for testing to see how it works and what people think.

Thanks again Gunner, if i have any questions i will post it here.