1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModelConverterX 0.50 release

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by arno, 14/9/08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Here is a new release of ModelConverterX. I will stop calling it an alpha version now, as the tool has become quite stable. I have called this version 0.5 and you should see it as a kind of release candidate for the 1.0 version.

These are the main changes:

• FSX MDL reader improved so that it reads FSX models correct now, including transformations, animations and levels of detail
    • SCASM reader handling of transformations have been improved
    • Fixed problem in 3DS exporter for models with long texture names, only 8.3 names are allowed in the format
    • Importing and exporting now happens on a seperate thread, so that the user interface should remain responsive
    • Optimized memory usage
    • New user interface, that should hopefully be easier to use
    • Added option to manipulate attached objects
    • Event log messages improved to be more informative and you can filter on their sevirity
    • Colors used in the preview for background and lines can be configured
    • Zoom steps in the preview can now be configured
    • Keyboard shortcuts have been added to most actions
    • Editors are now provided for editing the texture search path and attached effect parameters in an easy way
    • Added options to automatically write log files and preview images when exporting
    • Other minor bug fixes

The manual has also been updated to cover the new user interface and has also been expanded to describe the features in more detail. Plus I have added some howtos on doing common tasks. So be sure to look at it if you have any trouble.

For the way forward I am planning on a version 1.0 that will focus on adding support for levels of detail to the different writers and the support of user variables is also high on the list. Depending on how many bugs and issues are found in this release there might also be a release before 1.0 to address those.

Please use this forum to report feedback. For example for problems, bugs or suggestions.
    Last edited: 20/9/08
  2. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I have just uploaded a new ZIP file. This one fixes problems with the previous one on x64 systems. So if you downloaded ModelConverterX before and have a x64 system, please download it again.
  3. arno

netherlands
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.