1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModelConverterX help

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by nigel richards, 21/2/10.

1. nigel richards

nigel richards

unitedkingdom
    :confused:
    Hi Arno,
    have been trying to use google sketchup with ModelConverterX-both programs appear to have great possibilities.

The problems begins with the outut stage after compiling for model export.
    The result is no MDL file
    and this event log message-

7:50 πμ MDL9Writer Error The decimal character on your machine is not set to dot. This is required for MakeMDL to run, please change it in your Windows Regional settings in the Control Panel.

Not being a computer wiz, will the required change affect other software?

best regards

Nigel:eek:
  2. jdberg

jdberg Resource contributor

germany
    Hi Nigel,

yes, you have to change regional setting with decimal character dot on your machine. For designing purposes you should do that in general, because some more programs also need the dot.

Your PC will run as usual, you only have to take care about the decimal character in programs like Excel. You also have to use the decimal character dot there.

BTW: It is better to place a new topic in a new thread and not in an "old" one like this next time.

Jörg
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Moved to separate thread now. All developers have changed that setting, I have not heard of many problems with other programs. So it should be safe or else you can always change it back again.
  4. cobras

cobras

chile
    Hello.

I have the same problem as Nigel, as I do to fix this. Decimal settings changed, but not exports .MDL FS9.

Another thing, you need to install XtoMDL to export objects for FS9.

Some small tutorial.

Greetings.
  5. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

No, you don't need XtoMDL when you are exporting to FS2004 MDL. You need MakeMDL for that.

You say you changed the decimal character already, what is the error message you get now when exporting? The event log should contain more information.
  6. Wouterboy2

Wouterboy2

netherlands
    How do i change the dot on the windows?

Wouter
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

It depends a little on the version of Windows you are using. But in general it is in the Control Panel and then in the Regional Settings. It will be set to Dutch now on your machine I guess. You can either change the entire setting to English UK or only change the decimal character.