1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA ModelConverterX hungs

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Pyscen, 9/8/09.

1. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Hello Everyone,...

Arno... I know your busy (marriage) but I came across a scenery file appears to be written in Scasm... I converted the bgl to scasm with no problems.. (and before anyone asks... this is for personal use only).. when I tried to convert it with ModelConverterX it hung... no errors,.. but stops responding. I can't remember if you have said anything about scasm files has been completed or not? But what else could cause it to hang? The Scenery files is the Randolph Air Force Base By James Shaddox.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found my problem... thanks
    Last edited: 9/8/09
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    What was the problem? I am still interested to hear what it was, so that I can make the tool more robust.
  3. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno it actually still hangs.... I thought I fix'd it... but nope. Any ideas? I send the scasm file if you like?
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Yes, the file that gives you the crash would be very useful. Then I can try to reproduce the problem here.
  5. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Arno,...

I figured it out... this time was something really simple... I renamed it *.scm to *.sca and it converted without hanging up.... not sure why that would make a difference but did.

What can you make of it?
  6. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to do the same here (rename from SCA to SCM) and see if I can reproduce the bug. I wouldn't expect a problem with this, since the extension should not matter. But you never know :).
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I tried to reproduce it here, but doing the reverse (renaming SCA to SCM) does not give me a crash.

Did you get an error message that indicates where the problem might happen or the tool just did not respond anymore?
  8. Pyscen

Pyscen

us-texas
    Tool didn't respond with an error message at all... I think the path for fs9 makemdl wasn't defined is the reason but not sure... After I went back and double check paths everything worked ok... the renaming of the extension occurred before changing the paths...

Arno... is there a error message if the paths haven't been set?
  9. arno

netherlands
    Yes, you should get an error in the event log and the export process will stop.