1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modify Aircraft cfg error

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by bobbyjack, 28/2/09.

1. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Hey Don

It's been quiet here, so here is something for you. This is repeatable for me. I was adding a plane to an FP. After selecting the paint I wanted, I decided to change the reg. number. I was prompted to save changes to the aircraft cfg, which I did. It was the default baron that I had added. Well, the baron became an airliner and parked at gates. In the FSX main slect aircraft window, only one paint was there for all the barons. These lines were added to the baron cfg. file after the paint I had selected.

atc_heavy = 0
    atc_airline =
    atc_parking_types =
    atc_parking_codes =

Hmmmmm....What do you think?

Bob
  2. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    I think you shouldn't add those entries to a GA aircraft.cfg file... :twocents:
  3. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I didn't add them. AIFP put them there.

Bob
  4. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Bob, perhaps it's the hour, but I'm not sure from your description what is the concern. Yes, AIF added those four lines to your config file, but they should be of no effect if they are blank (except "heavy" which is 0 by default).
    Perhaps you could tell me what is the issue in a little greater detail.

Don
  5. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    "atc_airline = " makes the Baron into an "airliner" so it will park at a gate.
  6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    You bet.

While working on a flightplan, I was in the aircraft editor, working with the default Baron. I saw a box with the reg. number in it. I believed I could enter a new number there so I could ID the plane faster in Traffic Toolbox. The number I entered was similar to but not the same as one of my other airline numbers. I shouldn't think that would matter. I closed the editor and was asked if I wanted to save changes to the aircraft cfg. I said yes and went on to finish the FP.

In the sim, the Baron parked at gates and in traffic toolbox, was listed as part of my virtual airline. Recall I gave the Baron a similar tail number.

In the aircraft cfg., the paint I had modified was listed normally, then a space then those four lines, no space, then the next paint. AIFP did that. It did change the the number , but added those lines, also.

And it changed the number of one of the other paints, but did not add those lines to it.

If I delete the lines, all is well.

Bob
  7. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks, George. I use this for all my GA without difficulty, but in all cases, atc_parking_type is set to "RAMP". I'd never tried it before without parking type being specified.

Bob, in the next release, I'll fix it so only those fields the user specifies are set in the aircraft.cfg file - i.e., no default values added.

I'll also check the reg. no. for the other paint being changed. That should not happen.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Don