1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1st Animated Gmax Object

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by JeffS, 7/1/05.

1. JeffS

JeffS

australia
    Gday all, just wanted to show a shot of my Australian Windmil with watertank that has animated vanes.
    Taken about 10 days to get to grips with Gmax sofar after converting over from FSDS.

rgds Jeff

Attached Files:

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Looks cool :).

Actually, this week I have been animating my typical Dutch windmill as well. The only thing left to do is to rotate it into the wind.
  3. JeffS

JeffS

australia
    thats what id like to do but im pondering how to do it , would think it would need various models set to diff wind strenght
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Jeff,

Yes, but I am testing a way where you just tweak the source code a bit to get this effect. But as I wrote I am still testing it, so not sure if it will work 100% correct.
  5. Gorchi

Gorchi

JeffS, it looks great! May I ask You, did You make it from scratch in gmax or did You put the FSDS2 file through some converter to get in GMAX?

Best regards,
  6. JeffS

JeffS

australia
    Thanks Everyone !

Goran, i made it from scratch and even worked out how to array all by my self haha.

I now use the array function for most of the objects im creating for a scenery for a new release in 2005 for australian simulations.

Ladders, Step Ladders, Windmills.

I think FSDS was a help tho with getting to grips with 3D modelling and my background as a builder using Autocad yrs ago wich enabled me to grasp the real world concept of modelling.

Im allso using custom made textures from photos with a few hand paints.

It has taken over 3 yrs tho to get this far overall but its been fun learning thanks to you, Arno, Dick , Luis and many others.

best rgds Jeff