• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

my DC-8 Project

Would you like me too...

• Total voters

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I've received a lot of discouraging comments about the project of people telling me I don't have what it takes and the like.
Just keep in mind that most - if not all! - of these critics couldn't find their own bums with both hands without the aid of a GPS, ATC, and the kind assistance of a flight attendant... :rotfl:

Country
us-california
I'd say that unless the nay-sayers have released a plane of their own they are clueless, and if they have they don't have any class! Either way I'd ignore them and forge on. I've been impressed with what you have done to date.

Country
us-alaska
I've received a lot of discouraging comments about the project of people telling me I don't have what it takes and the like.

Wha? You sure as hell have the skill. You've gotten this far. You will make it,(in a year or 2 sadly but you'll still make it) And when it comes out, I will be the first to download it. I want a free DC-8 with a HQ VC. And I'm not gonna let some naysayers tell the great person doing it that he can't. You are a daring man, Faos. You are stepping into uncharted territory, where only people come to make profit.

EDIT: And do you think they'll reiterate you into HJG after you're finished?

Last edited:
Country
us-massachusetts
Can't wait for this project to be done! I always loved seeing the good old DHL DC-8-73 up at Boston until they retired it last year. Always wanted to fly her in the sim. Great work so far!

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Clearly you have the ability. Watching your model take shape helped convince me that I could ultimately finish my own project.

Country
us-alaska
The fact that anybody could tell you that you can't do it after looking at your model means that they are trolls or completely ignorant. And about the wing problem, can we get a visual? And how long did it take for you to do the first wing? And I saw your 16 saltine crackers challenge. Hilarious. I'm gonna try that, and I LOVE saltines.

EDIT: Tried and failed. It's HARD.

EDIT2: If you need anymore head-ons of the DC-8, Heres one:
27.jpg

Last edited: