1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My project:Utah Complete

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by skyguy414, 18/7/07.

1. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    Coming soon for FSX

Here are some screenshots from my upcoming release covering the state of Utah.

Features include:

LANDCLASS
    -More realistic landclass. Google Earth and other aerial photography used for ultimate accuracy.
    -Fixes the "desert everywhere" problem.
    -Mountains are green & rocky where they are in real life. Red rock mountains can be found in southern Utah (such as St. George, Zion National Park, Lake Powell).
    -Select ski resorts show their ski runs on the mountains.
    -Includes detailed landclass for select areas such as Salt Lake, Park City, Provo, St. George.
    -Cities and towns are properly sized and located as they are presently. Urban sprawl is shown where necessary.
    -Agriculture is added where missing (large increase).
    -Missing cities/towns are added.
    -Missing Golf Courses & Parks added.

OBJECTS
    -relocates some FSX library objects to their correct locations (i.e. Utah State Capitol)
    -Many objects added in select locations to give a more realistic look.

AIRPORTS
    -KSLC airport has been reworked from default to place objects where they belong and includes a much more realistic AFCAD featuring most recent apron/taxiway changes and adds all commercial aircraft parking spots.
    -New AFCAD for KPVU included, with new taxiways, and Tower communications (The default FSX AFCAD does not have the new ATC Tower COMM's in it).
    -New KSGU AFCAD.

This and much more coming soon!!

Here are some screen shots:

Attached Files:

Last edited: 18/7/07
  2. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    killer! I like Utah, but I got lost in a Pitts Special in the Utah desert in FSX once.... will this scenery add the salt flats?
  3. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates

There is a landclass for the salt flats...I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

One more thing for everyone...I should have mentioned the name of the project is "Utah Complete". Reading the thread name may lead one to believe the project is complete when it isn't quite finished.
    Last edited: 18/7/07
  4. doswedania

doswedania

belgium
    Nice! Utah is landscape-wise one of the most interesting states in the US, and the screenshots look very promising. Keep up the good work!
  5. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    Here are some more higher quality pictures showing some areas covered in the project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: 22/7/07
  6. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    A couple more..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    In addition to this project I am also working on a KSLC detailed scenery. Below are some preliminary shots of some GMAX objects I have been working on. Compare default FSX to my version of the same hangar and with real photos.

FSX Default:
    [​IMG]

My GMAX version. Note how I have included the Delta Connection hangar which was left out in default FSX. {there is an AI tug in front of the Delta Connection hangar. It isn't part of my object):

[​IMG]

Real Photos of the same hangar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't decided if I will include a few of my objects with Utah Complete or wait until I finish the KSLC detail scenery.

Also, if anyone out there has any good pics of KSLC buildings, I would love to use them!
    Last edited: 28/7/07
  8. jonmkj

jonmkj

us-northcarolina
    WOO!!! NICE! Whats a ballpark estimate as far as when this whole thing will be released? I'll have to do some more flying around Utah now! I hope the SLC frame rates are improved over the default.

Are you working on landmarks as well, such as the prominent LDS temples and such around the state?
  9. Buckethats

Buckethats

us-utah
    Any chance for satellite overlay of Wasatch?

Any chance at some point you could add a satellite overlay of the Wasatch? I know there was a FS9 release of the whole of the Salt Lake Valley. . . actually Lehi to Bountiful but it stopped abruptly before Kennecott and at the entrance to the canyons on the East bench.
    Second question: You have said that you added the new Provo tower frequency and ATC. Did you by chance add the Provo tower itself?
  10. Buckethats

Buckethats

us-utah
    Any chance you could create a related AFCAD file?

I'm just wondering if you could create a new AFCAD file and create AI traffic for the Provo area to include Silver State Helicopters and Universal Helicopters, then again in Spanish Fork with Suncrest Helicopters and Utah Helicopters (all four schools fly R-22 and R-44's) and UVSU (Provo based Katanas)?
    Utah has become a helicopter haven. Suncrest also flys out of KSLC along with Upper Limit (once again all Robinson's) and in Ogden, once again, Silver State and High Desert Helicopters (Utah's only Schweizer school) flies in the area. This would be a unique addition and it would better simulate the local traffic of these areas.
    Just a guess, for the Provo area per two hour flight block Silver State probably has 5 R-22's in the air to 1 R-44, Universal usually 2 & 1, Utah heli's 2 & 1 and Suncrest 2 & 1. UVSU always seems to have atleast 3 Katanas in the air as well.
    Upper Limit probably has a 3/1 ratio R-22 to 44 in Salt Lake and in Ogden Silver State probably has 4 more R-22's and another R-44, to High Desert's 3 Schweizers.
    Last edited: 29/7/07
  11. Buckethats

Buckethats

us-utah
    Payware or freeware?

Is this going to be a purchasable product or a freeware download off of Flightsim/AVSim like a Freeflow Florida?
  12. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    Utah Complete 1.0 should be released fairly soon. The KSLC detailed scenery is still quite a ways out. Sorry I can't offer a good estimate right now. It all depends on how much time I can afford to dedicate to the project and on the availability of good quality photos.

As for landmarks like temples, etc. I don't plan on adding any of my own GMAX objects with the initial release of Utah Complete. Version 1.0 of UC will have several generic FSX objects added throughout the state and at airports. In future updates, it is much more likely you would see newly created custom objects like landmarks included.

I plan on releasing Utah Complete 1.0 for free. I will most likely start accepting donations for the time it took to create it and to allow me to dedicate more time to working on the KSLC project as well as future versions of Utah Complete and hopefully other projects in other places. I haven't decided if the detailed KSLC scenery will be freeware. It will depend on how successful donations are and how much time it takes to complete among other things.

Right now I have no plans to add satellite photo real ground textures. That doesn't mean I won't change my mind though. I feel selected appropriate textures for Utah Complete 1.0 and may in the future create my own textures.

As for the Provo ATC tower, yes I have included a tower object in the scenery for PVU airport. The PVU AFCAD will be a good step up above default scenery. There won't be any custom buildings for PVU as of right now, but it fixes a lot of errors and adds a few FSX objects and parking spots as well as adding the complete parallel taxiway along RWY 31/13.

Here are a couple more pictures:

SkyWest/Delta Connection Hangars at night:
    [​IMG]

Delta Reservations buildings at night:
    [​IMG]
  13. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    Great gmax skills going on here. :)

I still have much to learn with gmax and texturing objects. For instance, I don't know how to effectively add lighting appearance as you have in your night textures.
  14. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    Mace,

If you are talking about the spotlights on the buildings, this can be done with whatever program you use to make your textures (as long as it is like Paint Shop or Photo Shop). There is a good tutorial in the Wiki section of this site called "creating night textures". I suggest you take a look at it.
  15. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    Ah good, I have Photoshop, and I will look into what you describe. I have never really gotten into the modelling side of scenery design. In the closing days of FS2004 I did manage to create a textured building in gmax, but since then, I have forgotten my gmax skills.

Time to break out the old 'house' gmax tutorial.

I flew into KSLC not long ago and your scenery really really looks great.
  16. skyguy414

skyguy414

unitedstates
    Last edited: 19/9/07