1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a tool/programmer for a freeware project

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by =Hollywood=, 2/1/07.

1. =Hollywood=

=Hollywood=

unitedstates
    I have a project that I'm looking for some programming help on...

Basically I've got GIS data that is updated daily that I'm hoping I can build a program to:

1. Download the .zip file every day
    2. Run the data through conversion to XML
    3. Build the .BGL file through dropping the .xml file onto bglcomp.exe
    4. Upload the .bgl file to a web server

1. simconnect module that downloads the .bgl from the user end
    2. simconncet module forces a scenery refresh in the simulator

What this does is allow one computer to download and render the data, then uploads to a server... The users computer then downloads the new .bgl file for that day (similar to real weather), and forces FSX to re-index and reload all scenery files thereby updating the placement of the scenery object...

This is primarily aimed at a freeware addon, but also I have a few other commercial grade projects that this might benefit as well, for which any programmer that could help create these tools would also get a commission...
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    This program is to be stand alone? or a dll to be used in other programs? If a dll then what are the main programs developed in?
  3. =Hollywood=

=Hollywood=

unitedstates
    oops sorry I forgot about this thread... the main program would be standalone, but it could also be a dll that the users computer compiles the data on... The end user would have a dll that either can download the raw data and run it through the converters (not the preferred method), but the preferred method is that the users computer only grabs the pre-rendered daily BGL via a DLL interface in sim...

Would be faster to have a daily standalone file on my developers end that I can schedule to run every day and upload the bgl to a server...

Then the user's computer would have a dll in FS9 or FSX that downloads the daily data file and refreshes the scenery drive thereby updating the data in the sim...

Anyway I think I already have a programmer for this one project... But I'm still open to input...
  4. Vector

Vector

us-pennsylvania
    I was wondering where FSX gets the weather data?
    I assume there is a special website somewhere in the Universe. lol
  5. lc0277

lc0277

france
  6. Vector

Vector

us-pennsylvania