1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with AI in mission

Discussion in 'Mission Development' started by clueless_joe, 9/3/10.

1. clueless_joe

clueless_joe

us-southcarolina
    Am building a mission. Need help with making an AI work.

Scenario: F-18 aerial refueling off a KC-135 with Navy drogue. Would like to have the KC-135 as an AI already on the tanker track at start of mission. F-18 takes off, flys 100 nm, finds the tanker, plugs, then returns to base.

Will use the FSX F-18 and freeware KC-135. Already loaded KC-135 and have operated it alone in free flight.

Design approach: Make the KC-135 an AI. Start mission with it flying 300 at 23,000 ft. It flies between a number of tanker track defining waypoints. Will use the mission compass to provide continous range and bearing to tanker once the F-18 is airborne.

What I've done so far:
    - Created mission Data
    - Created AI object
    - Created AircraftAI Object and waypoint list.
    - Think I created a Point of Interest pointing to the KC-135.

Problem: When the mission starts the KC-135 is at the same location as the F-18 - the departure end of the mission runway. The compass is correct in that range is zero and bearing makes sense for two objects at the same point. (By the way the F-18 is actually inside the KC-135 cargo area. Didn't know the model modelled the fuselage interior. Very nice work by the way).

1. Any ideas why the KC-135 AI wouldn't be flying?
    2. Do I have the point of interest correct in that it can be configured to always track a moving AI?

Thanks
  2. clueless_joe

clueless_joe

us-southcarolina
    I have attached my xml file if anyone wants to look at it.

Attached Files:

3. archtx

archtx

unitedstates
    Another method might be to use a spawn action to create the tanker when your F-16 starts getting close to where you want the intercept.