1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.net MDL viewer control

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Nudge, 5/8/07.

1. Nudge

Nudge

australia
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a dll that allows one to view a preview of a model for sale of free for managed code (.net)?

I would just like to display a preview of the model, so if there is any dll viewer out their you know about, could you let me know.

Cheers,
    Nudge
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Well there are a couple of programs that do it. One is my Library Object Viewer which is in C# but there is no dll. It uses DirectX. Also Arno's Mdl Tweaker can generate 3d views and I think that might be in a dll, but he would be able to answer that better than I. LOV only handles FS9 models at this time

Exactly what are wanting to use it for?
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    It is not really a separate DLL in MDL Tweaker. For my new MDLConverterX tool I am also working on some rendering code, but once again it is not completely separated from the rest of the program. In both cases I am using OpenGL to draw the actual object.
  4. Nudge

Nudge

australia
    Sorry forgot to mention it's for viewing FSX mdl files.

I would like to add a feature to my application that allows me to view a preview of the model, I'm currently using the thumbnail that is included with alot of the aircraft, but have found that not all payware have thumbnails.

So, I thought rather than rely on the thumbnail, I could display the actual model in a preview.