1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New feature for ObPlacer XML

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by arno, 4/4/05.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I am going to add a new feature to ObPlacer XML. To make it easier to move a current object, I am going to add a function that can place your aircraft to the current position of the object. You can then start moving from there.

At the moment I am trying to implement this and it looks like I need to shift from FsConnect to FSUIPC. But that should not be a problem as FSUIPC is very common :).

More news will follow when I have it.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    OK, the new version is now almost ready. In the end I have added a few more new features, then only the ability to write the position to FS. Some of the other new features are:

• preview pictures (yes, all requests for that features helped :))
    • the BGL path is now remembered for each XML file
    • You can rescan the objects in the tree, for example to update a user library after you have added a new object with Library Creator XML, so no need anymore to restart ObPlacer XML in that case

I "only" have to finish the new manual and finish the installer (like the one I used with Library Creator XML) and then I will release this new version.

Attached Files:

3. Horst18519

Horst18519 Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

germany
    Great! I'm really looking foreward to this new version, for I'm using the old for both my projects. You now implement just those features which I am missing. :) ;)