1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new flight plans not showing up

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Arreau, 20/7/09.

1. Arreau

Arreau

Hi,

I just started using AI flight planner. when I decompiled the "trafficAircraft" file into AIFP and added the flight plan I wanted, I compiled it into "trafficAircraft" but I couldn't see my plane for the flight plan in the game. AIFP compiled it as "Traffic_Aircraft" instead of overwriting "trafficAircraft." Did I do something wrong?:confused:

P.S. it was a default aircraft I tried to use, not an add on
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Welcome

Rather than modify the default traffic file, try making a different file. I think AIFP will overwrite the default file if you name it the same. However, no need to do that. Make a simple FP, save and compile as a name you can find easily, and install in the sim, usually in the same folder that the default traffic folder is in. Use the default Baron between two airports that you know have plenty of parking, and make sure you are going to see your new AI at the proper time. Give us a little more info on what you did and what you are trying to do.

Bob
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. AIFP always inserts that underscore. It avoids you inadvertently overwriting the default file.

But, that's not the cause of you not seeing the flight you programmed. In fact, you should have seen twice as much traffic since you effectively had two default traffic files.

As Bob suggested, keep it simple. If you still don't get the desired results, send us your traffic file and/or fp/ac/airport file and tell us what you were trying to do.

Don
  4. Arreau

Arreau

Hey guys,

I created a new flight plan bgl file for the flight plan I wanted. What I'm trying to do is place an F-18 from the acceleration pack at PGUM, and have it do touch and go's twice a day. The good news is I can now see the aircraft parked at the airport, but its not flying around during the specified times. I attached the bgl file. Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    I inserted this FP into my sim with a learjet as I do not have an F18. It worked as expected. I went to PGUM at 1:55 GMT and watched the plane fuel and take off. Have you altered this airport at all?

Bob
  6. Arreau

Arreau

No I haven't altered the airports or added any afcad files. I just purchased the game a few days ago and have been trying to figure the AI out. Do you think I'm showing up at the wrong times? I checked the local time box in AIFP, and loaded the game at 12:00 local time when it was supposed to start and at 13:00 local time. Am I supposed to use GMT?
  7. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    When I opened your FP, It was not set to local time, rather to UTC. If that is the case in your AIFP, than go to the airport 5 or so minutes before take off GMT (not local time). If you go there at (in this case) 2:00, the plane will already have taken off. Right click on the sky and select AI Aircraft to get a view of your plane.

Bob
  8. FSXF-Thunder

FSXF-Thunder

unitedstates
    The problems I've ran in to with custom AI aircraft traffic is usually airport related. The stock traffic file has to much traffic at it already, or theirs not enough parking, or the parking is the wrong size, and type. Or the aircraft, it's aircraftCFG says ATC_parking=Mil_Combat. That does not exist at cival airports that I've seen, so you'd have to change that. And with custom airports, and military bases, they are not set up for AI traffic. The hold shorts are not their, runway links, taxi links, apron links, parking links, parking, and the right type of parking for the traffic you want. I've always resolved problems by looking at all aspects.
  9. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Arreau saw his f18 at the airport because FS put his plane in a spot even though there is no military parking there. The problem seems to be getting there at the right time to see it take off.

Bob
  10. FSXF-Thunder

FSXF-Thunder

unitedstates
    What I've ran in to problems with traffic is for example, an airport upgrade I had made . The AI traffic wound land but not take off, they would taxi out and just sit their on the end of the runway. Eventually disappearing, and would be airborne a ways off. With out ever taking off, I studied the airport. Noticed the hold shorts where not their. Added them, and fixed the problem. Umm the F-18 Aircaft CFG. says nothing about ATC_Parking in it.
    But it is an entry that FS will use if their, some of my addon aircraft have it in the [fltsim.0,1,2,3 etc.] of the Aircraft CFG.. The Alphasim C-5 Galaxy had this entry
    (//atc_parking_types=MIL_CARGO). After getting rid of it the FS would use the aircraft as traffic.
    I usually use the SDK s traffic tool box auto scheduler in command prompt for world wide traffic, and AI Flight planner for scheduled traffic for custom airports.
    Last edited: 26/7/09