• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE New Library Object Not Showing after Compile

Country
unitedstates
While working on a new airport project, I add a "new" folder of .blg objects (ez.terminals_ss.blg). The process progress as normal. However, after a new compile and starting FSX to checkout the new addition... The new terminal was not present. Repeated the process a couple of time but no joy...

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated

Country
us-florida
Did you create your own textures? If so, in my experience, you will need to re-save your textures in the DXT-BMP program either a DXT1 bmp or a .dds file. (I think there's some other file types that you can save it as that will work but I'm not exactly sure what they are at the moment)

Glad to help.

Country
unitedstates
Actually, this is the first time I've added any Library Object File to ADE and all I did was follow the ADE instructions. The ez.terminals_ss.blg.zip file came from FlightSim.com

The zip download DID NOT contain any textures, just the .blg and .jpg files

It's easy to tell how new I am at this but..... I'm learning slow but sure

Country
us-florida
Hi Ted,

Could you please provide a link to the exact place you downloaded it from? I want to look at each of the files and see what they look like. I couldn't seem to find it on FlightSim.com.

Thanks

Country
unitedstates
Well Caleb..... I can't seem to find it now either. I know it was there. I have all the files (un-zipped) but I deleted the zip file. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking on FlighSim with no luck. Thanks for trying !

Country
us-california
Hey Ted,
Where are you putting the >>.BGL<< files?
Addon Scenery/scenery?
Somewhere else? Did you add the folder into the Scenery Library?

The ez-terminals_ss is by Sidney Schwartz you can find it HERE at AVSIM.

There should be textures, but they would be .BMP textures and I am not sure how they would work in FSX which uses .DDS textures, but you may be able to convert the .BMP's to .DDS in ModelconverterX.
Many of the objects go back to the old days of Rwy12, the first object placement tool made for FS9.

Cheers
Gman