1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member . Question

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by SIR_PAGANINY, 3/2/09.

1. SIR_PAGANINY

SIR_PAGANINY

spain
    Hello everyone... i just installed the AI Flight Planner some days ago and i am already creating real shedules and it seems working like a charm... anyway i'm not sure if this forum is specificaly related with it? sorry but i read some other posts wich are not related.. so i dont feel still confortable to sepeak about it.. can anyone tell me about this? because i would like to know if this community is big enough in order to share real shedules around the world and if this software is able to handle it... plus the interface is so friendly and the little program does so well its job.. that i wonder why is it freeware? Greetings from Spain.

André Costa
  2. flotocki

flotocki

ca-ontario
    If you search for a city/airport of your choice, you can get arrival and departer times, from and to different airports. This would be a start. Frank!
  3. SIR_PAGANINY

SIR_PAGANINY

spain
    Hello Frank.. sorry i don´t understand your answer... I mean question was not related with city and times...
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Andre

Welcome

AIflightplanner can indeed handle flights all over the world, if that is what you are asking.

FSDeveloper is full of amazing programs provided by amazing people who do it for the love of it. They freely share their knowlege with the rest of us. Great fun!

Bob
  5. SIR_PAGANINY

SIR_PAGANINY

spain
    Awesome... thank you very much... So is there a place here where we can download and upload updated flight plans of airlines or airports?.. if it does not exists i think it would be a good idea... each one of us create our area schedules and other could get them without the need of them programing all the world schedules :)

GReetings
  6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Google "ai flightplans" and see how many people and groups are doing what I think you are suggesting. Websites like Avsim and many more have areas where you can upload and download flightplans. So have fun.

Bob
  7. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Andre, there are several groups who specialize in prepared flight plan packages (freeware), including:
    to name but a few.

I would urge you to read the relevant sections of the AI Flight Planner User Manual before installing/modifying or converting their products.

Don
  8. SIR_PAGANINY

SIR_PAGANINY

spain
    true... but notice that many users use different configurations different ai aircraft packs... this makes really hard the job of finding the right thing for the entire world, and as simple as possible making just a google search as you advise... but for instance if there was a database of airline flight plans created with AI Flight Planner once it allows precision and directed for a specific freeware ai pack.. I noticed that the IVAO MTL ai pack is large and in my opinion with much more quality than most of the ai payware add-ons.. and this doesnt means they charge your systems resources... in fact they are very friendly! I've been making tests and it works perfectly so far... all programed ai airplanes seems to be perfoming as planned... anyway this is hard job for one person in order to populate the world... I discovered that "World of AI" project gives for free ai packs with good quality and friendly as also their airlines schedules.. but ther's a inssue on this... their cruise speeds are all set for about 200kts standard to avoid the 37min problem... this makes the things much more unrealistic... from other hand Ai flight planner is able to fix this issue.

Best Regards..

André Costa
  9. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Well, of course, everyone uses FS differently. Myself, I am not interested in real world FPs. I use default FPs and aircraft with realworld paints. That is good enough for me. Even with traffic at 40%, there are 140 planes around in the New York area. I get 20 to 25 fps. if there were more planes I'd get less performance. OK ,so I run scenery at 100%, That's the way I like it. I have much more fun making my own airports and writing FPs for them with my own planes.

Bob
  10. SIR_PAGANINY

SIR_PAGANINY

spain
    Bob.. i know everyone is free to do whatever wish to do... i wrote about this to find someone interested to help about the subject and not to say what one should do or not with its flight simulator.