1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Paintkit Tips.. Anyone.

Discussion in 'Other' started by seanpintara, 12/4/09.

1. seanpintara

seanpintara

australia
    Hi all.. I've just finished my PC-6 Turbo Porter, and i've started a paintkit but i've never done one before. I've got a pretty good understanding of Paintshop pro but if anyone has any handy tips for me that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bambi_007

Bambi_007

germany
    You must under Paintshop Pro work with Layers.
    And save the finished Paintkit, for anotherone to use, not as bmp. Because if I download your Paintkit and when I open the bmp in PSP, it will me not show the Layers.
    You have to save it as .psp File than i can use the Layer in PSP.

Hope this help a little bit.:)
  3. Lupo

Lupo

unitedstates
    Paintkit tips

Hi seanpintara,

Something I appreciate with a paint kit is to have the details contrasting for both light and dark paint. i.e. a layer of dark rivets and a layer of light rivets. That way they show up no matter what the colors used. If you offset the layers slightly you can also achieve a 3d look to them as well.

John
  4. seanpintara

seanpintara

australia
    Ah right... I did'nt know that... that could certainly help, Thanx Lupo. What i wonder is .. how do i make a good windscreen texture like ai-aardvark planes or even some HTAI stuff have got.. I've just figured out (kinf of) how to do shadows.