1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sound System for FS9/FSX panels/effects?

Discussion in 'Sound' started by lionheart, 20/7/08.

1. lionheart

lionheart

us-arizona
    Hey guys,

Just curious. Are there any new technologies out concerning doing gauges based sounds (switches, etc) as well as things like playing music, etc?

I had heard of one gentleman that created a C++ gauge that acts like a server. Sounds enginious. You can link in perhaps 100 sound routes.

I am looking for something like this that could do various sounds, etc, as well as in-plane music. I had some bad luck with the older gauge sound technologies from a couple of years ago, but was wondering if something new had come out that was easy to work with.

Bill
  2. Heretic

Heretic

germany
    I think "DSD_XML_Sound" might be what you're looking for, Bill.

Search for "dsd_xml_sound3.zip" on Avsim and you'll find it.
  3. lionheart

lionheart

us-arizona
    Hey Heretic,

Many thanks, but that one I have worked with before and it had terrible consequences. Alot of people had CTD's that used it. I know others have had no problems at all with it, but for me, I had a few. Just wondering if something new was out.

Bill
  4. Heretic

Heretic

germany
    Ah, okay. Didn't know that.

I for myself never had problems with any aircraft using DSD_XML_Sound.

Well, good luck huntin down that gauge then. :)
  5. Simon853

Simon853

Not wanting to pay royalties for DSD sound and needing a bit more flexibility, I just went ahead and wrote my own using the Microsoft DirectX SDK as a reference. It's really quite easy. The only real problem I've found is that I can't determine the current camera's aspect angle to be able to position 3D sounds.

Si