1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Taxiway Sign Creaton Tool?

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Georg Aubele, 25/2/07.

1. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    Hi!

As I spend a lot of time creating taxiway signs, I use the "taxiway Sign Creaton" tool (creatsign) a lot - I tend to get lost on huge airports so I want to make sure I don't do it on my own airports :eek:

It is a real handy tool, but one thing is a bit of a pain to me. Why not making buttons for all that arrows and direction symbols available? That's the only feature I miss in that tool.

Here is my question: Is anybody out there, that could rewrite it or write a new one (I think/hope, it is not to much work)? I'm not such a good programmer - especially have no clue on how to interact with tools like FSUIPC.

Or is there already another tool out, which I don't know?

I contacted also the author via email.
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    I think creating a tool would be quite simple. SDE can create signs but it is not friendly to use. A different Client Interface concentrating on signs could be done. Maybe the author will update the tool you are using. Let us know if he replies
  3. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    Vladimir indeed made a enhanced version with nice little buttons for all the direction symbols, I already have it and I'm waiting for him to spread it. :)
  4. mikael1984

mikael1984

Can you share the program or give me a download link :) ? I only have the old program =/

Thanks,
    Mikael
  5. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    I don't know if I'm allowed to spread it. Maybe you should contact the author via Email:
    cesmina_v@yahoo.com