1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new tool idea?

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by grem304, 7/10/10.

1. grem304

grem304

us-virginia
    After some hassle with my last fuel trigger install I thought it might be nice to have a small utility to make .xml's to add to your scenery files before compiling and or .blg's to do just straight install for fuel triggers.

Not a tool maker myself, am more addapt at repaints and redoing panels, so I would have no clue as to where to start. I did a quick sketch of what I had in mind. Anyone want to give it a go?

Attached Files:

2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Well ADE can now and I think some of the other scenery design tools will also. Are you suggesting a separate tool that is just used to create a fuel trigger?
  3. grem304

grem304

us-virginia
    Yes I was thinking of just a tool to do fuel triggers. I'm a fly low and slow and look for all those small unused airports VFR type flyer. I find at times there are airports I like to fly into with no refueling facilities and with the small planes I usually fly I sometimes can't make it back to a larger airport.
    Most of the scenery I do at these small airports consists of a shack or small open hanger and a few oil/gas drums or old time gas pump which I usually just put in using the old xml codes and doing bglcomp so something that I could just plug in the cords and size trigger I want would work well for what I do. Save all that cut and paste I usually end up doing because my big fingers type in the wrong info.

I have just d/l'd ADE and have not had time to see what all it can do but at first glance it seems to be a well thought out and comprehensive tool. I'm going to give it a go on KIAD Dulles International and add the new runway there.

I'm still flying FS9 at the moment as my poor old computer just won't run FSX although I do have it waiting for the next computer upgrade.

At any rate let me take the time to thank you Scuffyduck for all your contributions to the FS community I'm sure it has inhanced many flight simmers experience. If you ever need a repaint for your favorite plane or some graphics work done let me know. Thanks again.
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Thank you for your kind words - much appreciated.