1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Question: Simple scenery with static objects

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by HankyPanky, 17/6/05.

1. HankyPanky

HankyPanky

germany
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and first like to say hello and thank you for all of your work and your support :wave: .

I'm not a FS beginner (fly since 1984), but newer messed with modern scenery design. My last attempt was 10 years ago.

I have installed a payware scenery addon, which misses some objects. And I like to only add these missing objects, three static aircraft and two buildings. Buildings I've found, but no static DC-3, L-1049G and Ju52.

Can anyone point me to (one?) simple tool(s) and provide me with a short step-by-step tutorial on how to do that?

Thanks in advance and kind regards form EDDM
    Dieter
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Dieter,

If you to place some additional objects, I think Rwy12 is the easiest program you can use. It comes with a nice collection of object libraries as well, so there is a good chance that you find the objects you are looking for. After that you just have to slew in FS to place the objects with Rwy12.

For more information, take a look at the Rwy12 website: www.rwy12.com
  3. HankyPanky

HankyPanky

germany
    Thanks, I've still looked at RWY12, but as noted, I like to create a small addon bgl with only two buildings, but with a DC-3, a Ju52 and a L-1049 ;)

To create the necessary objects (aircrafts) for RWY12, I have to fiddle with GMAX, build them, convert them, export them, import them, convert them, place them, test them and so on and so on.
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Those models you name are not really common aircraft (although I like such historic aircraft a lot :D), so I doubt you will find a nice static model for them. In that case it would indeed mean a lot of work for you to make such static models.

Have you thought about using "static" AI traffic to place them? In that case you can use your normal flying models. But if you want to share the scenery, this means the user must also have them installed. So that could also give trouble.
  5. Baltazar

Baltazar

peru
    C-47 static and a lot more!

Men u just need MDLtoBGL from our friend Trevor: convert and aircraft into static aircraft, usefull in sceneries.

The problem is that you are limited to use FS98 aircrafts. But that s the last solution i can offer to you.

Watch my sceneries pics: a lot of static aircrafts:
    http://www.fapvirtual.com/FS2004_ESCENARIOS.htm