1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Revo, 25/4/07.

1. Revo

Revo

us-wisconsin
    Hi all I've been flying FS fm it's very birth many many years ago now that I have FSX I would like to start designing my own aircraft. I have several questions hopefully someone can help me with.

1. I installed GMax and have no idea where to start. Or should I wait for FSDS3.5 before I even consider creating my own plane?

2. Is it possible in GMax to take several aircraft from FSX and take them apart so I can use what I want? The aircraft I would like to creat is a type of ultra lite on steroids with a set of pontoons attatched to the bottom, a much larger engine and prop. I want to keep the guages simple just like the ultra lite in FSX.

Any help or hints would be appreciated. Happy flying Dan
  2. FelixFFDS

FelixFFDS

puertorico
    Hopefully you have installed the tutorials and help files (each a separate install). Your FIRST step should be to go through ALL of the gmax tutorials you've installed. Some may have more relevance to flight simulator modelling than others, but they provide you with the basics of handling the program.

You must install the SDK from the FS-X Deluxe disc, and then the SP1 download, to get the gmax exporting tools.

You will have to read the SDKs because modelling for FS-X takes some "reorienting of one's thought processes". You have the advantage that you do NOT have any "prior modelling habits" to get rid of.

Of course, once you have a feel for the program, then feel free to ask questions as needed. We'll be glad to answer and/or point you to useful tutorials here, and in other sites.

3. Revo

Revo

us-wisconsin
    tnx

Ok Felix tnx 4 all the info I'll give it a shot and see what happens tnx agn Dan