1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbies FSDS designs

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by MIKE JG, 7/11/07.

1. MIKE JG

MIKE JG

us-ohio
    Hello to all. Finally gained forum access after some technical glitch, thanks again Arno!

Anyhow I have been working with FSDS for about 18 months now and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. Although reading through all the topics on this site still gives me a headache and makes me realize how far I still have to go with my designs and textures.

So here's some screens of some of the objects I've managed to model thus far. Most of my stuff is geared towards the military side of FS, since it is an area that is very much neglected by MS and the rest of the community.

ANTPS-11 Radar system:
    [​IMG]

Static Humvees for scenery:
    [​IMG]

An "Up-Armored" Humvee:
    [​IMG]

AEGIS Class Guided Missle Destroy for AI purposes:
    [​IMG]

Los Angeles Class Attack Submarine for AI purposes:
    [​IMG]
  2. ahuimanu

ahuimanu

us-virginia
    Really cool FSDS work - I am inspired.

Jeff
  3. jdhaenens

jdhaenens

unitedstates
    Looking good Mike. Are you shooting for FS9 or FSX?

Most of the folks at MAIW are die hard FS9 as that's what all of their traffic and AI models are in.

I was hoping they would begin migrating to FSX, but it seems to be a slow process.

Well done!

Jim Dhaenens
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Look very impressive :)
  5. jdhaenens

jdhaenens

unitedstates
    Dupe post.
  6. MIKE JG

MIKE JG

us-ohio
    Jim we have to stick with FS9 for now because their is no version of AFCAD for us to use for FSX. I think AFX is basically the same thing but it's a commercial product that several folks have tried and do not like. Also there is no version of TTools for FSX either. Those are sort of our "main stay" programs if you will for creating military ai packages. Without them or something equivilant for FSX, we can'r really put packages together for FSX.

However many of our forum members have figured out how to successfully convert the FS9 packages for FSX with only a few minor issues. So eventually we might start migrating towards FSX, but not until a majority of the users are using that platform.

Heck at this rate, we may just skip right to FS11......
  7. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.
    Last edited: 29/6/09
  8. MIKE JG

MIKE JG

us-ohio
    That's the good news is that there are programs out there to work with FSX. But you know how it goes once you get a system that works and everyone is happy with (FS9), you tend to stick with it until something better comes along.

Maybe one or two of our contributors are running FSX. None of the staff including myself run FSX. So we don't have much motivation to switch to the FSX related programs just yet.

As for the objects themselves, the Humvees will be released as placeable library objects. Might even get to them this week sometime. The ships and subs are supposed to be AI eventually if I can get the hang of the LOD process.

I should be able to make them for FSX eventually as I have all the source files.