1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

night textures in fsx

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by stewart286, 16/5/07.

1. stewart286

stewart286

hi jon,arno,
    I seem to be having problems with night textures in fsx.Is there a new way to display night textures instead of a second bitmap?I am talking about my own objects and textures not library objects.It does not use the lm system for bitmaps.It has probably been discussed but i have missed it.
    stu.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

You need to specify the texture you want to use as night texture in the self illumination slot of your material (FsX material).
  3. stewart286

stewart286

night textures

hi arno,
    I have done that!Checked the texture for alphas made a new night texture but still no luck.When i restart fsx the original texture is reverting to fallback white and i have great difficulty getting the texture to show again,the only way is to reformat the original.I am just trying to understand fsx files jon's programme is pretty good i am just on the learning curve with it,it seems a very powerful tool.Thanks for the prompt reply it is most likely something i am doing wrong.
    stu
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Maybe it has something to do with the format in which you save the textures then. Did you save them as DXT textures?