1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Niihau Version 2 in FSX

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by ibanez737, 19/11/06.

1. ibanez737

ibanez737

unitedstates
    I whipped this up yesterday afternoon :cool: The new FSX terrain SDK allows so many more options than the old FS9 one, it's not so hard to create immersive scenery now. I'm thinking of adding a small (fictitious) airstrip on the island as an option, and making some animals to roam around the place too. And I dig the new FSX Caravan :) Thanks for looking!
    -Scott

Attached Files:

2. Brother23

Brother23

germany
    WoW...

...do you want to post a tutorial about this amazing stuff?

How to do? Would make a lot people lucky and smiling at you!

I would like to do a scenerio, where I can give all the people I dont
    like sonic booms at midnight LOL...

Greetings
  3. ibanez737

ibanez737

unitedstates
    Haha thanks. If you want to make your own stuff, just use the FSX SDK, it's much better than the old one!
    Cheers,
    Scott
  4. Skydvdan1

Skydvdan1

germany
    My biggest issue has been scaling the source imagery.
  5. ahuimanu

ahuimanu

us-virginia
    where did the source imagery come from?
  6. ibanez737

ibanez737

unitedstates
    I got the source imagery from the Hawaii Coastal Geology Group website http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/coasts/data/index.html. They have shoreline photos for all the Hawaiian islands at varying qualities. Niihau is the only island with complete coverage due to its small, narrow geography. I made some more scenery for Kauai for FS9 a while back, but decided not to finish it because the imagery only extended a few miles inland and the quality wasn't too good. You can check out some shots of it on my website though if you like. Ben Discoe of VTerrain.org helped me out by editing the colors of the Niihau imagery, making the color quality and seams way better than my FS9 version of the scenery.