1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No plans showing up

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by jtrib, 18/1/09.

1. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    I have spent many hours trying to get plans I created in your program to show up in FSX. But nothing. I guess I am openly admitting I am dumb? lol

Let me tell you what I have here.

I open AI flight planner 1.5.8

I have collected all the airport data, + add-ons

I have added an aircraft Aircraft/Add New Aircraft
    I select my aircraft from the folder Simobjects/Airplanes

(I added a POSKY crj700 and a FeelThere E170

Then I exit add aircraft

I then select the aircraft I want to make in a flight plan.

I click on Start new FP

There is a tool called Active level and it is at 1%... Not sure what to do here. I assume I need to make it 110% But I have done nothing.

I click on 24 hours

I make it an IFR Flight

I then make it flight number 1 leaving from KFLL @ 10am going to KTPA, fling @ 24,000 feet. I click save edits. Then I make a return leg by clicking "ADD Leg". I make it KTPA - KFLL leaving @ 11:45.

I make several flights from KFLL the same way I made the KFLL KTPA flights. All flights leaving @ 10 am.

After I create each flight plan I click "ADD FP" To List.

I then go to the Flight plans tab.

I click "SAVE AS" and I save it as Flightplans.NWA

When I save them it says there are unused aircraft in list do you wish to save them I say yes.

I then click on the tab Flight plans / Compile Traffic.bgl

I have it compiled for FSX

I save it in Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_NWA.BGL

I click compile. It tells me compile successful. I click ok

I start up FSX. I go to FLL and there is not any traffic.

I have my AI Traffic in FSX Set at 100% airline and GA

I go to FLL and nothing. They are not there

I thought it might be UTC. I live in Utah so I set UTC to Mountain Standard -7. Could this be the reason I do not see them?

I am sorry for the long question. I just wanted to tell you everything I have done. So you can tell me where I am going wrong...

Thanks for your help. It looks like a program like AITM I use to use in FS0. But it looks a lot better. I just cannot get it going...

Jeff
  2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Hey,Jeff

Some things to think about.

Active level means at what level you want your traffic to show up based on your traffic slider setting in FSX. If you want your traffic to show at 50% in the game ,than you set the active level at 50%. You can't have 110% traffic.
    I would use a default plane to learn with because I know there are no parking radius issues. Add ons might not be quite right.
    I would make my first FPs in UTC, then go to the airport in UTC to see if they are there. Then write FPs in local times as I got better.
    When you say you go to FLL and no traffic is there, do you mean the airport is empty, or your traffic is not there?
    Make sure FSX is your target sim, and that you compiled as an FSX bgl.
    If you compiled as an FS9 file, saved it in FSX and the file did not work, You would have no AI at any airport.
    Looks like you are mostly correct, just some things to clean up.
    Don will be along with more.

Bob
  3. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    Bob,
    Thanks so much for getting back to me. It looks like a great program and I think I am just making some siple mistakes.
    I must have not typed that in correct. I meant 100% not 110% sorry about that.. Sometimes my fingers don't type what I am thinking...

So if I want it to show up all the time I would want it at 100% right?

I had not thought about the parking radius issues.Is there anyway to add the correct radius?

When I got to FLL other traffic is there, just not the traffic I created. It could be like you said, add on aircraft and the parking radius issue?

AS far as making FSX my target sim, I just do that by saving it in the FSX folder of Scenery/World/Scenery? There is no other way to make sure it is saved in FSX right? Because I open up the folder Scnery / World / Scenery and I see it in there.

I assume FSX can read multiple .bgl files?

-jeff
  4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Jeff

100% in AIFP, yes.

You can correct radius, but worry about that later. Try a default plane for now.

Make sure everything in AIFP is set to FSX.

FSX can read multiple bgls

Bob
  5. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    Ok,
    So I turned each flight up to 100%

I then made each of my four flights fly the default blank 737-800.

I turned the time to UTC

I saved the flight plan and complied it.

I go to FSX and nothing shows up.

I made teh default aircraft (737-800) so they had to park at a northwest gates. The norhtwest gates are just empty. I did go to AFX and make the radius bigger.

I am wondering what step I am missing? I feel like I am doing every thing correct?
  6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Jeff

Could you post your BGL so that we could try it? I think you are very close.

Bob
  7. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    I would love to post it. How do you do that? I am sorry I am just brand new to the forum.

-jeff
  8. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
  9. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Below the area where you post is a button that says"Manage Atachments".

Bob
  10. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    I hope you got it.... Could it be the Onverride eta is blank?
  11. bobbyjack

bobbyjack

unitedstates
    Jeff

Nope. You would see it after you post.
    I must go to work now. In the meantime, Trt a 6hr plan. Start at one airport at 0:00 and start the return leg at 3:00. Then go to the first airport at 0:00. Good luck. I'll check in a bit later.

Bob
  12. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    When decompiled, your airports.txt has two peculiar entries at the beginning:

*#@,N0* 0',E0* 0',0
    *#@,N0* 0',E0* 0',0

KDCA,N38* 51.12',W77* 2.26',16
    KDCA,N38* 51.12',W77* 2.26',16
    KTPA,N27* 58.53',W82* 31.99',26
    KTPA,N27* 58.53',W82* 31.99',26
    KORD,N41* 58.72',W87* 54.29',669
    KORD,N41* 58.72',W87* 54.29',669
    KFLL,N26* 4.35',W80* 9.16',10
    KFLL,N26* 4.35',W80* 9.16',10
    MYMM,N22* 23',W73* 2',10
    MYMM,N22* 23',W73* 2',10
  13. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    Thank you so much for your comments.....I am so new to this, I am not sure how to fix that? How did you decompile the file?
  14. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    I got a decompiler off AVSIM. I see what your talking about with the extra lines in there.. I will delete them and see what happens....
  15. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    I used Peter van der Veen's AIFPC.

You will also notice that all airports are duplicated and you have 100% for the traffic density :eek:

When incorrect airport entries and the duplicates are removed, your aircraft do appear:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: 19/1/09
  16. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Jeff, if AIFP produces a traffic file when you attempt to compile - without error messages - chances are that file will work. So, if you're not getting traffic, then the cause is likely to be something else - e.g., missing aircraft, no parking at the airport, an FS9 traffic file somewhere that FS can see it, etc.

I can see you have attempted to post your bgl and George seems to have found it. But, it's not showing up anywhere I can see it. Perhaps you would attach it to an e-mail and send it to me at the address in the user manual. BTW George, that strange airport is a flag used by AIFP to "remember" that the file was compiled by AIFP in the normal mode (i.e., the cruise sppeds have been halved.) I am curious about all the airports being duplicated - though that wouldn't affect the operation.

Back to you, Jeff. The most common cause for no traffic in FSX is a compiled-for-FS9 traffic file somewhere that it can be "seen" by FSX. While FSX will display compiled-for-FS9 traffic, any compiled-for-FSX traffic will be suppressed. (That's the way FSX works!) If all your traffic files are in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder, the easiest thing to do is to disable every one except the file of interest. Or, you could also have AIFP search you FSX folders for a FS9 file.

You might also download TTools and read the "Fields and Formats" section of its user manual. You'll find a lot of helpful information there directly applicable to AIFP.

Don
  17. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    It seems george was busy while I was typing. Those duplicated airports, by themselves, shouldn't have mattered. Jeff, please send me the bgl so I can investigate.

Don
  18. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    Thanks for the help again. Attached is my file. I have made some changes to it. I was told to make it longer than 6 hours. So I did that.

View attachment Traffic_nwa.bgl

One post said I should not have airport density @ 100%? Is that correct?

How do I go about geting rid of any fs9 files?
  19. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks, Jeff.

Looks like I'm going to have "to eat a little bit of crow". I've just taken a look at the duplicated airports issue and it seems there's something in the compiler not being initialized properly. Sometimes the airports are OK, sometimes not. I'll have figured out what's going on shortly and will re-release ASAP.

So, why don't you relax for an hour or so.

Don

PS, re your FS9 files question, once you find them, if you want the traffic from them, use AIFP to convert them for FSX.
  20. jtrib

jtrib

us-utah
    So I was doing everything correct? It just was not working for me I guess? I got the day off work, so I can sit back and relax a bit.... Maybe take a quick flight to MYNN from FLL... lol

Thank you so much for your help... I really thought I was going crazy