1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now, i can't create a bgl...

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by BMT, 5/8/06.

1. BMT

BMT

france
    BGLComp problem

Hi all,

I asking you some help because i meet some problems for creating a bgl file. I'm designing a scenery of the Chamonix hospital (France)... It takes me a lot a time (because i'm not fast, lol) and my last export test was in july.

Until now, i did not find this problem. Today, i made some modifications on the gmax scene and i export it using the FS2004 gamepack. I have a mdl and a XML files. No problem.

I select these both files and put them on the bglcomp.exe (as i have done last times) and no blg file appears.

I try with another gmax scene (which have been done by other authors) and it's the same problem.

I try to install again the gmax fs2004 game pack, the BGLComp SDK -> same problem.

I simply can not understand, why it works well until now and not after...

Could please help me to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance,
    Last edited: 9/8/06
  2. BMT

BMT

france
    Hello,

I made some new tests this morning, and i think that a problem appears during the gmax exportation, and block the bgl file compilation. Could someone send me a simple box in a mdl file format? I would like to test the BGLComp.exe
    -> ben.michelot@wanadoo.fr
    Thanks in advance,

PS: If the problem come from the gmax exportation, i think that this topic should be place in the Gmax discussions... Thanks.
  3. BMT

BMT

france
    Hi everybody...

I feel lonely to solve this problem but i still need your help. Today, with some of my friends, we have made some new tests and these are the results obtained : i can't create a bgl by using a mdl created by a friend but they can create a bgl by using a mdl created by me. So the problem comes from BGLComp. I try to uninstall, install, download and install from Micro$oft website and it's still the same...

Just to add : when i put a mdl + xml files on the BGLComp.exe, the black window appears and disappears in less than one second, but no bgl file is created.

Do you have any idea about my problem?
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    If you want to see what messages are coming from bglcomp then use the Compiler Helper program which Arno made and is here on this site. This will capture the output from bglcomp and make it easier for you to see what is happening
  5. BMT

BMT

france
    Thanks for your reply.
    This is the message :
    Any idea of the problem?
    Thanks in advance for your help,
  6. BMT

BMT

france
    Problem solved!!!!

I don't know why, but it was the MSXML4 which is the source of this problem. I uninstall it and install it again and it works now!!!!! Sorry for the time spend on my request...
    Thanks,
  7. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Not a problem - good that you have it sorted out :)
  8. borisforero

borisforero

ecuador
    Problems With Bglcomp

Hi all!...i have been working fine with sdk2002 for my sceneries, but i'm trying to do an animated gate, and after some attempts with CAT i realize that maybe my animation canĀ“t stop of looping because i use an old MakeMDL...so i install the SDK fs2004, and now i have MDL files and also from CAT but can't compile them with BGLCOMP...i uninstall and reinstall MSXML and nothing works...only a quickly black window that appears and disappears in one second when i drop my MDL over BGLcomp...any ideas? :confused:
  9. borisforero

borisforero

ecuador
    Problem with BGLComp

With CompileHelper, i have this text, when i drag and drop the ASM file made with CAT:

Microsoft (R) Flight Simulator BGL Compiler Version 8.00
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-2002. All rights reserved.

Assembling: F:\Archivos de programa\FS2004SDK\BGLCOMP_SDK\manga_cat.azm
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5518) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_local_varbase_6
    LOCAL_BASE_32(4): Macro Called From
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5518): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5519) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_trans_6_1_a
    BGL_ANIMATE_INDIRECT(7): Macro Called From
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5519): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5525) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_local_varbase_6
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5525): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5526) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_trans_6_1_b
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5526): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5532) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_local_varbase_6
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5532): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5533) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_trans_6_1_c
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5533): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5539) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_local_varbase_6
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5539): Include File
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5540) : error A2006: undefined symbol : manga_trans_6_1_d
    C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga_cat_0.asm(5540): Include File
    BGLC: Error!

:(
  10. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Have you tried the MDL file in FS before using CAT on it? I think you are using a file that does not have a valid animation in it. So please test the origional MDL first and see if the animation works. After that you can compile it with CAT.

Btw, you can compile the MDL directly from CAT. It will then show the errors on screen as well.
  11. borisforero

borisforero

ecuador
    Problem

Hi Arno! Thanks for your reply!

Well..i try exporting MDL from Gmax, and compile it with Object Placer and i have the next error:

F:\Archivos de programa\SceneryDesign.org\ObPlacer XML>bglcomp compile.xml

Parsing document: compile.xml

ERROR C2014: Failed to load model data in file: C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga.mdl
    ERROR C2149: Failed to load model data!
    ERROR C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
    ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
    ERROR: version = 9.0
    ERROR: >
    ERROR: <ModelData
    ERROR: name = 4635DA2728294DB18829E6A6FB5F0654
    ERROR: sourceFile = C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\manga.mdl
    ERROR:
    ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 3!
    ERROR C2473: Model is not an FS9 scenery model C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\mangadesdegmax.mdl
    ERROR C2149: Failed to load model data!
    ERROR C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
    ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
    ERROR: version = 9.0
    ERROR: <ModelData
    ERROR: name = 5548E5BD88FC44F08CA98CE68532C43C
    ERROR: sourceFile = C:\ESCENARIOS\SEGU2006\SCENERY\mangadesdegmax.mdl
    ERROR:
    ERROR C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 8!

Parse complete!

And i think that the problem is in the type of FSmodelexp i'm using, how can i export an mdl from gmax with SDK2002, and compile with ObjectPlacer, or with BGLComp?

Thanks for your time and ideas!
  12. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    You can't. The Fs2002 gamepack can only make aircraft MDL files, scenery is made directly in the BGL format.

You can only use the XML code with the Fs2004 gamepack of GMax.