1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2004 Now what??

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by Sidney Schwartz, 10/1/12.

1. Sidney Schwartz

Sidney Schwartz Resource contributor

us-oregon
    Trying to compile a relatively simple building object and got an error. :mad:

Attached Files:

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

It seems MSXML4 is not installed on your machine, that will give this error.
  3. Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    Hi Arno,

MSXML4 was installed. I installed SP3 earlier this month and LC was working. I just uninstalled and resintalled MSXML SP3 and am still getting the same error message. The screen shot shows what's in my syswow64 folder.

Attached Files:

4. Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    Arno, I just tried the LibraryMaker program that comes with Instant Scenery, and it worked. Still no luck with LibraryCreatorXML though.
  5. Sidney Schwartz

us-oregon
    Never mind. I manually added msxml4.dll to the registry and now Library Creator is working.

[NOTE: The following rant is not in any way directed to anyone here.]

Why do I have to manually register part of a Microsoft program that I installed under Microsoft's most current operating system using Microsoft's installer? And I was lucky that I stumbled on directions for manually registering dlls...otherwise I'd be up the proverbial sh*t creek. I bought my first PC around 1980, and more than 30 years later I have to go through this stupid crap? What the hell do they expect an inexperienced computer user to do? I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE WINDOWS. Flight Simulator is the only reason I still have to use it. :mad:

I wish I could say I feel better now, but I don't.
  6. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Sorry Sidney... :duck:

(I sometimes feel the same way!)