1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ObjectPlacer Problem

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by jbertelson, 24/1/06.

1. jbertelson

jbertelson

us-alaska
    I had ObjectPlacer Version 0.81.28 working just fine. Then I brought it up a week later or so to use it and I cannot select an object, all the the default and library objects when selected have the menu selections grayed out except "add user library" and "rescan object tree". Have removed and reinstalled multiple times. Latest mwgfxdll installed. Nothing works.

Any thoughts.

Best regards,

Jim
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Jim,

Are you sure you have a XML file loaded or created a new one to place the objects in? Without that you will not have the options to place objects.
  3. jbertelson

jbertelson

us-alaska
    Re ObjectPlacer

Arno,

I am responding from home, but I will bet that is the problem. Gadzooks the number of steps to get an object into the scenery these days, ah for the days of scasm..... Seriously, just forgot that step I'll bet, I will check it when I get home. Seems I had that problem before and solved it myself...probably by reading the instructions :) , but thought I knew how to do it now.

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home and affirm my stupidity here in writing...

Best regards,

Jim
  4. jbertelson

jbertelson

us-alaska
    ObjectPlacer problem solved

Arno,

I hereby confess my stupidity in writing, that was the problem, thanks.

Best regards,

Jim