1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ObjectPlacer Xml new ver

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by bahri, 27/4/05.

1. bahri

bahri

malta
    Hi!
    Just started using the new version of Objectplacer Xml
    Looks much more stable and the new feature write to FS is just great especially with long lists of objects that may be were not commented, one forgets where they are, this feature takes you right on the spot.
    May I point one problem I encountered which may be of help to others.

I had converted an xml from Rwy12 to use in objectplacer very similar format but Objectplacer will not accept the Deg Min.decimal format for the write to FS feature it gives runtime error and terminate otherwise everything works ok.
    So I have converted all the Lat Lon values in the xml to the Deg.decimal format and now objectplacer can write to FS.

To make these convertions I used my program CG_Lat_Lon_Converter if anyone is interested it is on my page at http://www.geocities.com/carmelgrech/
    or at FSFreeware

PS, Also the picture viewer is very handy

Thanks again
    bahri
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Bahri,

Yes, that is correct. ObPlacer XML only supports the decimal format at the moment, as that is how I read them from FS. I have never thought about that other format. I will see if I can build in some sort of conversion in the next version. For the moment a manual calculation like you did will be needed.