1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obplacer beta report #3

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by bob5568, 30/12/04.

  1. bob5568

    bob5568

    Joined:
    8/7/04
    Messages:
    1,041
    Arno, the continuing saga of my first efforts with obplacer.

    This time I started with a "new xml" file. I took the 11 mdls of interest, added them to the user area, carefully avoiding any doubleclicking!

    saved xml with breath held. THis time ok!

    Compiled using your compile function. Got parsing errors, the kind that usually mean I provided a bad path to the mdl file, but of course, that's impossible as I had populated the list from that same path. Only two mdls caused the compile grief. They were both big mdl files, one was 96kb, the other over 100kb. All others were like 6kb and the like. just an observation.

    I looked at the xml, it seemed ok.

    I then manually compiled it and it worked fine...no errors.

    Loaded it in flightsim, and everything worked great.

    So....first success using Obplacer...and perhaps another bug...big mdl files can't be compiled using your compile function? Possible?


    Bob Bernstein
    Last edited: 7/10/06
  2. arno

    arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

    Joined:
    28/5/04
    Messages:
    21,285
    Country:
    netherlands
    Hi Bob,

    That is an interesting one. I will take an extra look at this.
  3. arno

    arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

    Joined:
    28/5/04
    Messages:
    21,285
    Country:
    netherlands
    Found it. Same problem I had with Library Creator XML before. It is related with the use of full paths in the XML file and compiling while BGLComp and the XML are not in the same folder. Should be solved now, as ObPlacer XML first compiles in its own folder and then copies the result to the desired location.

Share This Page