1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obplacer error system &H8007007E (-214704770).

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by FKAB, 13/12/06.

1. FKAB

FKAB

france
    Hi everybody,

my first message on this forum...i appologise if the question has already been posted but it doesn't seem...

First thanks Arno for your Obplacer family i often used until this problem...

i had to resinstall my OS(Windows XP) 3 days ago. I had not made any bakup of my windows/system and system32 files cause the OS had numerous system errors...

I had been using Obplacer 0.82 without problem before this reinstallation.
    After it, i couldn't launch Obplacer as the following message appears :
    "error system &H8007007E (-214704770). The specified module cannot be found"

I installed then Obplacer 0.83. But i got he same message...

I search on google about this error message; it was described as an error due to default Java. I installed Java J2RE 1.4 but it didn't solved my problem...

Has somebody an idea, please?
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

My tool does absolutely not use Java, so that has nothing to do with it.

Did you use the installer or the zipfile version when you installed ObPlacer XML? If you used the zipfile, it seems like you have forgotten to register the agsdlib.dll file. There comes a bat file with the zip to register it.
  3. FKAB

FKAB

france
    Thanks for replying so quickly...i used the installer...
    Last edited: 14/12/06
  4. arno

netherlands
    Did you use the runtime installer version (that is the biggest download). It should include all the other runtime files used by the tool as well.
  5. FKAB

FKAB

france
    Yes yes, that's the one i used, the runtime installer but it doesn't work. I desinstalled it then resintalled it without any result. I also tried the installation on different hard disk; it doesn't matter if it's the C disk with the OS or another...
  6. arno

netherlands
    OK, thanks for trying. I think we can rule out missing runtime files in that case. I'll try to figure out in which piece of the code the program crashes.
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

I just checked the code and it seems this error is caused by some of the components and not by my code directly.

One question though to be sure of that. The error message you wrote above, is that all that is shown? Or is there also a piece of text in the error message that says "in procedure XXX" (where XXX is the name of the function). That is how my "own" error messages are given, so that could give me a clue on where to look.
  8. FKAB

FKAB

france
    Hi Arno,

Sorry for the late of this response....i have forgotten to look regularly at the forum...and i "solved" my problem, after reinstalling a "programm" but unfortunately, i don't remeber which one...Anyway, it's one of the following :

mwgfxdll.EXE

Netframe Work 1.1

Runtimes Visual Basic

Msflxgrd.ocx

graphical DLL files by Martin Wright

i hope it will help someone who has the same probleme i had...

As answer to your question; No, i didn't had any "XXX procedure" mentioned in the error message.
  9. arno

netherlands
    OK, good to hear it is working for you now :).