1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ObPlacer v0.14 released

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by arno, 25/4/05.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I have just released a new version of ObPlacer XML. There are quite some changes in this new version. Here are the most important:

• FSUIPC is now used instead of FsConnect to do the communication with Flight Simulator
    • You can now also write the position of your object to FS, this makes it easier to move an object that you have placed before
    • When you start ObPlacer XML for the first time, the config.xml file is now created automatically (the FS path is read from the registry)
    • The BGL path is remembered for each XML file separately
    • A preview picture can be shown of the objects, you can download a picturepack of most default library objects from the download thread (if someone has pictures of the default effects, please let me know)
    • And a lot of other small tweaks have been made as well, but I can't remember all of them anymore :)

Just like the latest release of Library Creator XML, this version of ObPlacer XML also comes with an installer that makes sure you get all required runtime files as well.

As I have made some changes to the format of the config.xml file, it is recommended to delete your current config.xml file before you start the new ObPlacer XML.

As usual you can get the latest version from this thread .
  2. Brittair

Brittair

unitedkingdom
    HI Arno

Tried new version with same issues. I manage to compile from DOS now as you can see: (still testing hangers!) :laughing:

[​IMG]

I think it must be at my end the problem. Thanks for all your tireless help :banghead: :banghead: .

Brittair
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Birttair,

I have also ran out of ideas on this :confused:

For some reason the code used to start the compiler does not work for you. But as I can not reproduce the error, it makes it very hard to find out where it goes wrong.

As you know how to compile manual now, you should still be able to get BGL files.