1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBPlacer vs rwy12

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by jvile, 24/1/05.

1. jvile

jvile

Arno

Thank you again for finding me over at the other place scratching my head. It appears that the designers don't fully understand the program based on answers I was getting.

I have been writting XML approach data for airports that add new ILS runways for the past 9 months (files on AVSIM) and just recently with EHAM and LEBL I started including additional default GUID's.

Your OBPlacer is a perfect utility for me as I work through different approach plates for ILS/GPS runways.

What that means is I mimic the way FS9 uses a APxxxxxxx.bgl in the way I combine all my data into one compiled file. Exclusions, scenery (guids), new taxiway signs, airport reference data, new ILS runway data, renaming runways, approach plate data, new waypoints and navdata to name just a few elements that work in just one compiled file if ordered properly.

Many 3rd party scenery designers that add new runways (KMIA, KDEN, EHAM, KCLE, KIAH, etc) look really nice but also renders the AI Traffic portion of FS9 inoperative at some stages.

I looked through the generic XML and could not fine some FS9 default GUID's. Is there a problem if I list then in the file so the program will pull them up when I need to place them?

example of what I use and is missing

locan fe978b1b48986b2f08a05d9ed45e67e8 (ILS Long Antenna at end of runway for localizer)

SCO_gen_ilstransmitter 7328626911d303801000859c2ae60c5a (checkerboard square shack used with localizer antenna)

SCO_gen_checkershed c545a27011d2e2ec1000849c2ae60c5a (ILS Tall antenna for GS usually sits of the side at the point of touchdown)

SCO_gen_radarshackbaseB 7328626a11d303801000859c2ae60c5a (Large rotating Radar and building on airport field)

Thanks again for your utility.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Jim,

ObPlacer XML has a file called generic.xml that lists all the default MS objects. You can add the missing objects to this file yourself (I think the XML format I used is easy to understand).

Any feedback like this is welcome to make sure the list gets more complete. The problem is there is no proper list of all working GUIDs (the one of MS contains a lot of objects that do not work).

So you can add the missing ones yourself very easily and I will add the ones you reported in this post at my PC as well, so the next update will have them included by default.
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I had a good idea, I have now made a thread in this forum where I offer the latest version of the generic.xml file for download. This way it can be updated with missing objects faster. Your four objects have been added.