1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ObPlacer XML 0.80 preview

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by arno, 16/6/05.

1. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I thought it was time to give you a new status update for ObPlacer XML.

Those of you who have followed this subforum a bit, know that there are actually two updates I am working on. The first is a fix of the Windows comma vs dot problem, plus some other new functionalities.

The second is adding the option to place GenericBuildings as well (with a nice dynamic preview). While I was working on this new feature, I got some space problems with the interface. There were just too many boxes and buttons I want to put on there. So I started thinking about a new interface.

And that is what I can show you in this post, some screenshots of the new interface I am working on. Not all code has been added to it, but I think I should be able to make some nice progress the next days (tomorrow the trains are on stike here in the Netherlands, so I was forced to take a day off, I think I know something to do with that day now :D).

This is a short overview of the most important new features:
    • Dockable panels, so you can make the object tree, properties window or the preview window to the location you prefer and you can also resize them if you want
    • GenericBuildings will be added (and probably also Windsocks)
    • I think this new interface is also easier to work with, for example you don't have to press "Update object" anymore while editing an object, just pressing enter when you enter the new value is enough. I forgot to press that button now and then :)
    • You can now also decide where to insert an object in the list, they will no longer be placed at the bottom all the time

That is about it for now, thanks for waiting so patiently for a new version that I promised a few weeks ago. And if one or two of the regular users of the old ObPlacer XML would like to help me with beta testing this new interface, please sent me a private message or an email.

Attached Files:

2. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    Looks absolutely fabulous!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
  3. Joe W

Joe W

unitedstates
    I'm waiting on this one Arno. I got the other one and am using it.
    Thanks
    Joe W.
  4. arno

netherlands
    I thought it was time for a little update. Work on the new ObPlacer XML is going steady, but as I have less time now not as fast as I would have hoped (or dreamed :)).

These new pictures show the dynamic (OpenGL) preview of the GenericBuildings in action. As well as the new dockable forms that you can position where you like. Or use floating as seen in the last screenshot (and if you have a multi-monitor setup you are very lucky, as you can have a full screen preview in that case).

The beta testers are helping hard with feedback and if everything goes according to plan, I hope to have a version ready for release in a week or so. And after that I can finally continue on the new MDL Tweaker tool :D.

Attached Files:

5. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Wow Arno! Lookin great! I cant wait for the program to be finished, keep us updated!

David Biggar
  6. Jeff

Jeff

ca-britishcolumbia
    Looks superb Arno, can't wait to use it in action. :cool:
  7. arno

netherlands
    Time for a final update. At the moment I am finishing the manual and I want to do some final tests with the installer. But the release should be there in a day or two or so. Hope you can all hold your breath that long :D.
  8. PlaneMad

PlaneMad

india
    Arno, sounds great. Cant wait to get my hands on it :)