1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ObPlacer XML .81 problem

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by biggard, 5/8/05.

1. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Hey guys,

When I go to run the program, it says that the runtime files are not installed, so I installed it again but I still get the same problem. What do I do now?

David
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Did you use the full runtime installer version? That should make sure all required runtime files are there. If you already did that, I will have to add some logging so I can see which files ObPlacer XML thinks are missing.
  3. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Yes, I did use the installer, but the runtimes are still missing:

msvbvm60.dll
    oleaut32.dll
    olepro32.dll
    asycfilt.dll
    stdole2.tlb
    comcat.dll
    scrrun.dll
    msxml4.dll
    comdlg32.ocx
    mscomctl.ocx
    msflxgrd.ocx

David
    Last edited: 5/8/05
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi David,

And are they there when you look in your windows system32 folder?

Btw, do you have your Windows installed in the normal c:\windows folder or maybe somewhere else?
  5. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Windows is installed in the normal place, and I just checked the System32 folder but no runtime files were located.
  6. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Okay, I used my computer genious ( :rolleyes: ) to solve the problem. I am assuming that everybody is running a Windows XP computer which installs all of the DLL files in the System32 folder automaticly. For some odd reason though, my files were installed into the Windows 98 "System" folder. (I use Windows 98SE). I extracted the dlls from the system folder and moved them to the system32 folder. Problem solved.

David Biggar
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi David,

Thanks, in the next version I will make the code a bit more flexible, so that it will also recognise the DLL files when they are placed in the system folder. I did not think of this before :).
  8. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Its all good arno.
  9. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Hey Arno,

I'm sorry I am being such a pain with random problems, 2 new (and major)ones popped up today. When I go onto flightsim with ObPlacer open, flightsim locks up. If I open ObPlacer after flightsim is started, restoring the flightsim window locks up the computer. Also, once I do get a xml finished (i did it without flightsim) ObPlacer wont compile. I ask it to but it ends up freezing. For the meantime, I am using BGL Comp on its own.

So, do you know what might be going wrong? Thanks again arno.

David Biggar
  10. arno

netherlands
    Hi David,

For the first problem I have no idea what could be causing it. I am switching between Fs2004 and ObPlacer XML a lot and never had trouble.

ObPlacer XML checks once in a while if a connection with FSUIPC can be made or is still there. But I doubt this can cause your problem.

For the compilation, do you get any errors or so? I think someone reported a problem like this before, but I could never reproduce it. Do you get the screen that shows the compilation progress or does it lock up before that?
  11. biggard

biggard

us-california
    Hey Arno,

Locks up before starting anything.

Also my temporary remedy for the flightsim lockup is the following: I open flightsim, use Tcalc to find the latitude and longitude, then I close flightsim and insert the coordinates into ObPlacer.

David Biggar
    david.biggar@gmail.com
  12. arno

netherlands
    Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I will try to figure out what causes the problem. But it might be hard to find, as I can not reproduce it here of course.