1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ObPlacer XML

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by Bilbo, 24/1/05.

1. Bilbo

Bilbo

unitedstates
    Hi Arno, I'm trying out this neat utility and am trying to figure out a problem.
    When I add one of my own XML/mdl files from my User library, it isn't showing up in the sim. I believe that I need to add the line:

<ModelData name="9999A3FECBFFFC90B83649E73DD2EDE7" sourceFile="G:\bglcmpl\Tree_X1.mdl"/>

but when I hit "add mdl object" which adds the above line, the GUID identity is not the same as in the same model's XML which is:
    <ModelData name="F9FD099F4664A3AB7B2F44B66408C427" sourceFile="Tree_X1.mdl" />

Now if I add the above line to the compiled XML, I can't re-open the compiled XML in ObPlacer_XML. I get a Run-Time Error '35602' Key is not unique in collection and ObPlacer_XML shuts down.

So, Is there a way to get the ModelData name line and that GUID from the mdl's XML to be placed in the XML compilation list or is this a manual operation?

The other issue which isn't all that big is that my sim reads minutes and seconds in co-ordinates. Is there a way that I can get ObPlacer_XML to use these instead of the decimal readout such as 59.123986?

Thanks ahead of time and thanks again for the seasonal info. in E-mail This site has been a big help.

Bilbo
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Bilbo,

If you want the ModelData line in the XML you need to add the MDL in ObPlacer. If you are calling the object from a user library, then this line should not be there. In that case you should have a second BGL (the object library) in your scenery folder.

No, at this moment not. When reading the coordinates from FS the decimal format is used, as I found that one easier to work with.

If you want you can enter the coordinates in the HH:MM.mmmm format in the text box. But when reading from FS the decimal format is always used.

If more people prefer the HH:MM.mmmm format I could add a choice between these two formats in a future version.
  3. Bilbo

Bilbo

unitedstates
    I see.:p
    Thanks again for the very quick help.
    Bilbo :wave: