1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obplacerxml, what's the prob?

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by Jessy, 4/1/06.

  1. Jessy

    Jessy

    Joined:
    8/10/05
    Messages:
    175
    Country:
    belgium
    Hi all, i have alittle prob with obplacer xml: i add my xml made by gmax and when i compile the bgl it's only 1kb big????

    what i did:
    1)i made a hangar with opening doors
    2) i exported it and kept the asm files
    3)i used cat to place a trigger on it
    4) new mdl compiled and it has the samename as the gmax mdl so that xml finds the file
    5) i placed a edited (removed the comments) xml of my gmax mdl in obplacer using add user library
    6) placed the object
    7) compiled
    8) start fs and went to place i plced it on and nothing was there but when i just made a bgl with bglcomp so it stands at KSEA 34R i see it

    what did i do wrong?

    grtz Jessy
  2. arno

    arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

    Joined:
    28/5/04
    Messages:
    21,300
    Country:
    netherlands
    Hi Jessy,

    If you create a new file like this you will only have to placement in that BGL file (so it is very small). For the object to show, you also need the library BGL (the file you loaded as a user library). So both these BGL files must be in your scenery folder.

    Btw, the XML file from GMax is not a true object library file. It also does the placement (with the SceneryObject command). So you should not use that one as an user library. Either use a proper library file or load your MDL as local object into ObPlacer XML.
  3. GSG2k5

    GSG2k5

    Joined:
    14/12/05
    Messages:
    16
    Country:
    northernireland
    I sorted the problem by uninstalling and re-installing
    Last edited: 25/9/06

Share This Page