1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oddball looking ac's in scenery can't get rid of

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by jyarddog, 6/12/08.

1. jyarddog

jyarddog

us-washington
    A friend of mine and I ae working with an airport and scenery which was meant for FS9 or earlier. It looks very nice. Fixed a few autogens here and there with AFX, but we have a couple of fighter jets which have their tails up side down, and looks like alpha hole through many parts of the planes. These perhaps were flyable planes in FS9 or ealier, being used as statics. (My guess)

In the scenery folder are these files: the af2 file, a number of exclude files, and a bgl file.

I suspect these planes are in this bgl file. I can't open this bgl file with newbglanalyse because this is an older style bgl. (maybe a scasm type)

Anyway, Instant Scenery doesn't see it. I thought it might be an Airport for windows item, but it's not an apt file.

Is there any other program that might have been used to make this bgl? I wonder if it's an old rwy12 item? Also, what is an xcl file? We took that out but the planes remained. My friend just now told me he took out the bgl file and the planes were gone, but then so was the rest of the scenery. Hate it when someone dumps everything into one bgl.

A cigar and a bowl of beans to anyone who has an answer! :) Bob
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

XCL files are made by Airport for Windows I think, but they are not used to FS at all. If I remember correctly they contains some exclude lines you could add in the scenery.cfg file. It should not be distributed with a scenery normally, as FS does not use it at all.

You can not really open a BGL file with an editing tool and then work on it. You would need to have all the original sources to do things like that.

If you can't decompile with NewBGLAnalyzer than it is not a BGLComp BGL, so also not from Rwy12. I guess it will indeed be an BGL made with Airport for Windows, FSSC, or another tool of that generation. You should be able to decompile with BGLAnalyzer in that case (so the old version). Not sure if that gets you closer to solving your problem :).
  3. jyarddog

jyarddog

us-washington
    Arno- thank you. I went and grabbed a copy of Airport for Windows then realized it's an apt file, but that might be for one's own folder. Maybe scl files were exclude files made by Airport. Anyway those planes are in the bgl file I mentioned. I can put something on top of them if all else fails. Thanx again. Bob