1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OpenFlight Issues

Discussion in 'ModelConverterX' started by Jeffrey Stähli, 5/2/09.

1. Jeffrey Stähli

Jeffrey Stähli

switzerland
    I will post all issues concerning the openflight export function here:

• Texture uvw mappings "beyond the edge" is incorrect in the openflight model
    • Double sided textures (as defined in the FSX material parameters) seems not to be converted into the openflight model
    What I mean with beyond the edge is the technique used when we want to achieve repeatitive tiling. E.g. for a fence, we just extend the right edge to U=20.0 in order to have 20 "fence tiles" on the polygon. I think you get the idea :D
    In the openflight model, only the portion within the [0.0...1.0] uv-intervals are correctly displayed, the rest of the polygon is just a streched mess.

In the mdl tweaker tool, it works.
    Last edited: 5/2/09
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

It might be something in the attr file I think. I remember there are settings there for clamp or not, etc. I will check if there is a difference with MDL Tweaker for this part.

Let me check, I think I forgot to implement that flag in the OpenFlight writer indeed.
  3. Jeffrey Stähli

Jeffrey Stähli

switzerland
    Yep, looking in a hex editor, the integer flag is set to 1 = 'TX_CLAMP' at the moment. Changing it to 0 = 'TX_REPEAT' solves it.
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

I fixed both issues this morning. So in the next nightly build you will get those changes.
  5. Jeffrey Stähli

Jeffrey Stähli

switzerland
    Perfect! Thanks, Arno.