1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parma LIMP2007

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by ras78, 26/5/07.

1. ras78

ras78

italy
    Hi guys,
    I'm working on a little airport in a beautiful italian city: Parma. Here's a simply screenshot of runway. I'm still working on in order to make it more realistic. Any advice?

thanks!

[​IMG]
  2. Paavo

Paavo

estonia
    Well, I'd ask you for advice: how did you create the texture for these nice stripes?
  3. ras78

ras78

italy
    With Photoshop: make a rectangle, fill it with a dirty white, add uniform noise, blur it a bit, than add texture (filters > texture > grain, choose vertical). Then select all, choose filters > distortion > ocean ripple and adjust settings for a bit reactangle's edges erasing. Do the same things for alpha channel, but instead fill with white, try with a middle dark grey!

bye!
  4. Geiger.Daniel

Geiger.Daniel

germany
    Wow. Looking really nice. Sadly I don't own photoshop, but maybe Corel's Photopaint will also do the job... I hope :rolleyes:
  5. fsisland

fsisland

iceland
    Great work!

What is the original bitmap?
  6. ras78

ras78

italy
    Hi!
    If you mean the white strips, there's no original texture. Is totaly made by a simply white rectangle. Instead, if you referring to runway, is a simply texture found on google images with some retouch.
  7. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    Is this in FSX?

If so, I am very interested in how you are getting the custom runway texture down.
  8. fsisland

fsisland

iceland
    Excuse me for my ignorance but is "google images" som kind of a program? :confused:
  9. Mace

Mace

us-missouri
    I think he means GoogleEarth. I think he took an image from there and modified it for use in the sim.

The question I have is, was this FS9 or FSX?
  10. ras78

ras78

italy
    Hello guys,
    sorry for mistake. About Google Images, I'm refering to http://images.google.com not to google maps or earth. And my scenery is for fs9 :)
  11. solid

solid

panama
    Molto bello....congratulazione;)
  12. Philip Jensen

Philip Jensen

denmark
    Hi! nice runway!!! i followed your photoshop tips really nice affects

how did u do the runway if u don't mind me asking? :) especially the cracks and the nice transition to the grass?

thanks very much
    Philip
  13. Scannor

Scannor

norway
    This is great! :) I agree with the post above, regarding the runway/grass transition.